ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2014 DCI Clio - Advice Please :)

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
Guys, long time browser, previous Clio owner, potentially coming back :cool:

1655884911648.png

Have our eyes on this DCI for a daily to keep costs down on petrol as I have a tuned Audi S3

Been a long time since I owned a Clio and a diesel for that matter - my previous Clio was a DCi80 2003 :eek:

Any common issues that I should be made aware of?

Price? I think its a bit expensive but given current market, prices are all over the show - eg Autotrader value it at £7,390

Anything in particular to check on the car? Miles are extremely low for the age which is appealing since I have a 50 mile round trip, 5 days a week.

Any advice appreciated - thanks :)

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'm not expert but my other half has a 2015 dci.

She's had it for 5 or so years and in that time, all it's needed is consumables such as tyres, servicing etc.

It's pretty comfortable, handles great (albeit can be a bit stiff on some roads), costs £20 to tax, has good space inside, a decent boot and does 65mpg. Can't fault it other than it being a bit slow.

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3
Put the £7,390 in the petrol fund and continue driving the S3?

S3 is 480bhp and costing me now £100 every 5 days plus its on 70k miles with a 300 mile commute every week :( I wish I could still drive it every day like I have the last 5 years but as every knows, increase in fuel costs, gas, electricity, food, insurances (cars/home/etc..) is making a huge dent.

There will be a trade in involved so not an outright £7,390

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Engines are bomb proof I wouldn't pay over the odds for a low miles one. And I would definitely try and get a higher miles facelift 17 palte on from memory as it's a better car.

My Mrs previous one done 160k in 3 years from new, remapped from day 1, rear ended twice, ran into the back of a bus, ran over a traffic island at 60mph (yes she's a nightmare)

And other than fixing the damage from the traffic island and crashes, all it needed was brakes and tyres and an oil service every 18k

Not much common faults with them, infotainment screens failing, MOT fails for bottom arm bushes and batteries on the way out causing electrical gremlins that sometimes put people down the wrong path instead of a quick battery test and replace

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Our edc has been a pleasure to drive, served the missus well.

She'll never have a manual again she said!

We were unlucky with a Rogue stone damaging the aircon pipework which was costly but rest is as above general maint.

Should have mapped it years ago really!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I have a 2014 Clio DCi - had it 3 years and never needed anything more than usual consumables. Never broken down or had anything fail. Does 90+ mpg , no tax , the stereo is pretty good. Perfect for what you need it for.