ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2019 stripping out loom question?

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
Ok so before anybody says it, yes I have done a search!

I’m about to embark on a new project (project Binky style) and need to use the original looms from a clio 172 cup but I need to get rid of some of the electrics, mainly the Srs system.

So can you reprogram the srs ecu and uch and then remove all the related wiring loom?

The vehicle will have to have an mot and is using original dials, so don’t want serv and airbag lights on.

Thanks in advance.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Think I replied on facebook but yes you can program the airbag ecu with CLIP. have personally left in the airbag ecu for the correct lights come MOT time but you might be able to remove the whole system from the multiplex network. This wouldn't be my preference as they could get you under the "fitted at factory" clause if they really wanted to. That's where most standard cars with a sport wheel get done even if they have no lights.

This is what I ended up with a recent loom looking like. EPAS integrated, gauges hard wired, USBs hardwired and airbag system reduced to the bare minimum. (earths, lives and canbus network)

IMG_3923.jpg

This was my cup loom. Pic also of what's left in the airbag plug.

IMG_7576.JPG
IMG_7691.JPG

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
You did indeed sir and thank you. Also thank you for the pictures, gives me inspiration.