ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2022 Clio 1.6 e-tech hybrid rs line help

Clio e-tech 140 RSLi
Hi all, so my Clio has been off road since 6th August, it decided to lock the steering and brakes and all I could do was hit a pole to stop the thing! Anyway this resulted in needing a brand new wheel and front end minus the wings, headlights bonnet or the plastic arches or undertray, it's been a nightmare trying to get the insurances repair management network to actually chase things such as the engineering company's report which added an extra month delay on the repairer ordering parts and even now its going to be probably end of Jan maybe more before I get the car back as apparently the parts needed are all on back order! So I've had the car since new 4 months old and these europcar cars are making want to drive them into their own stations!!! Do any of you have access to part numbers for this clio? If I manage to find the parts I can then go to the insurance company directly and tell them its taking the p***!
Thanks in advance

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
Hi all, so my Clio has been off road since 6th August, it decided to lock the steering and brakes and all I could do was hit a pole to stop the thing! Anyway this resulted in needing a brand new wheel and front end minus the wings, headlights bonnet or the plastic arches or undertray, it's been a nightmare trying to get the insurances repair management network to actually chase things such as the engineering company's report which added an extra month delay on the repairer ordering parts and even now its going to be probably end of Jan maybe more before I get the car back as apparently the parts needed are all on back order! So I've had the car since new 4 months old and these europcar cars are making want to drive them into their own stations!!! Do any of you have access to part numbers for this clio? If I manage to find the parts I can then go to the insurance company directly and tell them its taking the p***!
Thanks in advance
The car decided to lock the steering and brakes? Sounds worrying, that’s usually done by driver input and the car has ABS so shouldn’t lock up.
What did the report say about it?

Clio e-tech 140 RSLi
Well I thought that myself thing is it didn't just lock up it flicked left too I used my whole strength to try stop it but it did it anyway! My personal opinion is the steering servo decided it was going to do what it felt like (there was a recall for that servo a year or two ago but my car isn't one of those) I was only switching lanes in a 30 on a hot day with my son in the car so it's not like I was trying to spin around a corner! The anti collision system didn't flash up nothing and the lack of brakes was scary as hell ABS wasn't kicking in and the pedal was stuck solid no amount of pressure I put on it was moving it and the ABS wasn't kicking in at all! Funny thing is afterwards the e-handbrake kept staying on when the RAC recovered it every few inches it came on its self! Also the car wouldn't start initially because the steering lock was on so tight had to wiggle what little movement it did alow and press the start button until the lock released.
So the report stated that there was nothing that could be Identified as broken the ECU had a load of fault codes (no eml or issues before this) and that the codes could be down to a low battery (the car was used every day and after the accident I went out and started it every day and left it running to make sure the battery didn't go flat! Their recommendation was to clear the codes and do an extensive road test after the repairs are done!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221214_100110_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221214_100110_Gallery.jpg
    710.1 KB · Views: 55
  Clio e-tech 140 RSLi
Very worrying for a 2022 car to fail like that.

I wouldn't want it back if it was me, for fear of it happening again.
I don't want it back unless the problem is found but because the engineering company haven't Identified a cause there is nothing I can do for a warrantee claim, but if nothing is found on the extensive test once I have it back I'm going to request the engineers report and take it to Renault and get them to look at it. In 16 years of driving I've never lost control of any car the steering issue has got to be either the steering lock came on which wouldn't show as a fault unless it is there but they think it was something else or the steering servo the brakes god knows what went on there!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Surely if the epas lost power it would log a code. I'd guess some sort of electrical fault as I assume the brakes are drive by wire too as the cars a hybrid? I'd be surprised if clip doesn't dig some fault codes up.

Clio e-tech 140 RSLi
Surely if the epas lost power it would log a code. I'd guess some sort of electrical fault as I assume the brakes are drive by wire too as the cars a hybrid? I'd be surprised if clip doesn't dig some fault codes up.
This was my point to them unless an electrical part (sensor or other) either becomes disconnected, dislodged, or practically explodes they're not going to be able to see if the parts in question have failed! (to be honest I doubt they took the dash apart to get to the parts as the repairers wouldn't give them a space for a day, and the car has never moved from there) So the report of the ECU being full of fault codes "probably because of the battery running low " is a load of s*** they'll be what it flagged at the moment of the collision as it could be moved but it took the Rad so not moved far enough for faults to come up! it's done 3,400 miles I've told the insurance company as much I'm going to wait for the parts to come in have an engineers come out again before I take it back and see if it spews out a load of codes then I can say cars faulty I ain't driving it!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
You need to get your finger out with this one I’d say. Social media, contact Renault. That’s a serious issue you’re claiming, extremely dangerous

Clio e-tech 140 RSLi
You need to get your finger out with this one I’d say. Social media, contact Renault. That’s a serious issue you’re claiming, extremely dangerous
Yes but has to be proven first, I've spoken with renault and until they can get their hands on the car it's self there isn't anything I can do I've been waiting for repairs for 5 months 6 at the beginning of January if I take it out of the body shop it could put me in an awkward position with the insurance company until Renault find the issue as the insurance company would then chase me for the cost of work done, recovery, storage, engineering company's work, and provision of courtesy car from the 4th August until now! until all the parts have come and the thing put together (just front end) OE parts too which according to the repairers are all on back order which ridiculously means renault either didn't order enough parts for the clio its self or their factory in russia was the the manufacturer for plastic parts) I can't take it to renault and as the independent engineers haven't solidly said its failure of the cars equipment nobody can they lack live data so they won't send it to renault. Once I can get it to renault they can then run through the software and any codes it's had and look into it properly which then I can get all the work done as warranty repair and claim for injuries but without live data there's no reason for the insurance company to go against the independent I'm not sure how much live data these record and how long it is stored for, if any and whether it's only a system that renault themselves can access.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221214_100110_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221214_100110_Gallery.jpg
    710.1 KB · Views: 31

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I think you should write to the dealership and tell them you want to refuse this car. Even if it takes ages at the bodyshop, you need to get it in writing that you want to start the process.

Is it on finance?

Clio e-tech 140 RSLi
I think you should write to the dealership and tell them you want to refuse this car. Even if it takes ages at the bodyshop, you need to get it in writing that you want to start the process.

Is it on finance?
No not on finance, Renault would need a reason with evidence as to why I would request a change of vehicle even a legal challenge would still require extensive evidence and not to mention independent professionals with a serious understanding of that cars software design and be able to conclusively be able to x,y and z are why this happened the word of the driver and a 5 year old with no cam footage ect they would laugh it off and into the bin. With the car in their hands, engineers data and report its a different ball game as I would be surprised if the ecu didn't record certain data all time stamped but it would only be Renault that can access this.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
No not on finance, Renault would need a reason with evidence as to why I would request a change of vehicle even a legal challenge would still require extensive evidence and not to mention independent professionals with a serious understanding of that cars software design and be able to conclusively be able to x,y and z are why this happened the word of the driver and a 5 year old with no cam footage ect they would laugh it off and into the bin. With the car in their hands, engineers data and report its a different ball game as I would be surprised if the ecu didn't record certain data all time stamped but it would only be Renault that can access this.
There’s nothing wrong with intimating you’re desire to reject it and make them aware of what’s happened and how you’re waiting on something more

Clio e-tech 140 RSLi
There’s nothing wrong with intimating you’re desire to reject it and make them aware of what’s happened and how you’re waiting on something more
They know what's happened that's been voiced and I've discussed what I've been told about the report and they won't out and out say it as it would admit liability but they said as soon as I am able get it to them and they'll see what they find and compare with the report, the insurance company have been told the same but because the insurance company don't deal with repairs that's done with their repair network I have to deal with that bunch of idiots that don't know the difference between their heads and arse. What's shocking is you can order the same clio and it come built in less time than these frigging parts

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You have a right of rejection under consumer law. This right is easier to exercise within a certain period from the initial purchase. You can use it after that, but more evidence is required.

The longer you leave it, the more evidence you're going to need. So by exercising your right now, in writing, including the date of purchase and the date everything went haywire you won't be struggling in the future.

It's your choice, but I wouldn't sit on it for six months and hope it all works out later.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
My mrs has a diesel mk5 clio and the lane assist detects puddles in the middle of the road (where the grooves are from years of traffic passing on the same spot) as a white line and throws the car at the kerb. It stays deactivated now! properly dangerous!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
My mrs has a diesel mk5 clio and the lane assist detects puddles in the middle of the road (where the grooves are from years of traffic passing on the same spot) as a white line and throws the car at the kerb. It stays deactivated now! properly dangerous!
The golf I have at the moment does that. Way too many "assists" in cars these days