ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2022 Toyota Corolla GR

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Anyone who judges a car by its name and history is a fool imo. Judge it by its own merits, not what has come before.
I think that's a lot of people then as I'm sure many have popped the old headgasket joke towards Rover/MG long after the brand was winning on the BTCC stage.

Credit where credit is due to Toyota for making a homologation car where many of the others wouldn't think of doing such a thing. Also, the two actually holding the torch to WRC which has been on its knees for over a decade now.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I think that's a lot of people then as I'm sure many have popped the old headgasket joke towards Rover/MG long after the brand was winning on the BTCC stage.

Credit where credit is due to Toyota for making a homologation car where many of the others wouldn't think of doing such a thing. Also, the two actually holding the torch to WRC which has been on its knees for over a decade now.

Hyundai have probably had a big hand in reviving the WRC over the last year. They've put a lot of energy into it. Toyota coming back was a big boost too. Akio Toyoda is a big rally man though.

The last few seasons have actually been the best, probably since the McRae/Burns era. Just a shame it's not been promoted properly.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Agree fully with that. The sport needed new manufacturers to buy into the sport, still way short of the dawn of WRC but still better than it has been 7 years or so ago.