ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

205's on front 195's on rear?

Inferno 182 FF
Have crappy budget 195's on the front wheels of my car. I have 205 exalto's on my old wheels, would it be possible to run these 205 exalto's on the front and 195 goodyear f1's on the rear? would it handle weirdly?!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
When i had wider tyres on the front than the back it felt wierd as f**k. Although I only ran it for a day (was waiting for the other set of tyres to be delieverd.) Fred I love your explinations LOL

I run 195s on the front and 205s on the rear on my rally car.

The 205s are wide and therefore the sidewalls move about on the rim under load which makes the back nice and progressive, and a little vague.

The 195s give a nice sharp turn in as they are stretched on the rim and therefore have less sidewall flex.

Hope this helps.

CLIO Iceberg 172
i remember being told something like it was illegal to run wider tyres on the front, by a garage once when i was getting my front tyres changed from 195 to 205 kumos on a renew.
ended up having to swop them with the ones on the back

i remember being told something like it was illegal to run wider tyres on the front, by a garage once when i was getting my front tyres changed from 195 to 205 kumos on a renew.
ended up having to swop them with the ones on the back

Did they sell you some magic beans too?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I've just had my front tyres changed to wider than my rears, now they're worn in I don't like it. Same as you, 205 PE2s and 195 eagle f1s. Great turn in, but it's not confidence inspiring around long bends at speed. The back felt very light last night and a bit skippy, although I was covering ground quite quickly.

Also now lowered, my fronts are scrubbing when taking corners quickly so am going to put my 195s on the front and 205s on the rear, as the 205s will have a bigger circumference as well as width this might help. Not sure how this will affect handling, I'd assume it'd cause more understeer which I'd probably prefer anyway. 195s might let me run a bit more camber so hopefully even out.