ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

20k miles Clio 172 - £12,995

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Possible front end respray? It's missing the black stickers on the front bumper.
Least desirable colour. I doubt they'll get full asking price.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  On the hunt!
Not mine, just came across it.

Surely dreaming at that price?

All the signs point to a ringer. Surely? It states it’s 19 years old - it is in July, but presently it is 18 years old. It also states ‘grey’ as the colour, not silver. Surely that would be listed as the correct colour with the DVLA, who hold that information? Plus, the thumb grips on the steering wheel scream way more than 20,000 miles! Oh, and he hasn’t bothered to prep it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any cars (other than Merc’s) that are desirable in silver
Well I like silver Clio’s, in fact I specifically looked and purchased one. The point really is Silver was the most desirable car colour back in the early 00’s. At the time white was absolute nightmare no one wanted one! Look how that has changed! Fashions will change again, of that im sure.

still don’t think thay bogo 172 is worth £13k mind

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silver was the default company car colour back in the early 00's, I just think loads of people chose silver cars because it seemed like everyone was buying them.

I don't remember people specifically raving about the colour or how it looked better than anything else.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he actually bothered to prep it for sale, (even cleaned it?!) then it could make that I think.

but it looks like a £2000 car in its current state.

Judging by the other things he's got on sale, that has been prepped for sale.

At least by their standards.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silver was the default company car colour back in the early 00's, I just think loads of people chose silver cars because it seemed like everyone was buying them.

I don't remember people specifically raving about the colour or how it looked better than anything else.
I do! I’m afraid at the time it was hard work to sell anything other than a variant of silver! White was impossible to shift, to the point when a customer demanded a white new car at our Merc dealership (an S-class) the dealer principle warned him that they wouldn’t take it in part exchange 😂 it was the literal kiss of death!

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any cars (other than Merc’s) that are desirable in silver

Iceberg is a great colour. I agree they look crap in pics on silver 5 spokes and by far the worst choice std in pics but it’s my fav 172 colour and comes alive with anthracite Turinis. It turns really blue in some lights.

9797C0C0-F049-4E16-A7C7-EEA7EE6861B9.jpeg

I remember taking my iceberg V6 to a wedding and guests were all over it, was parked in a yard near the reception and just looked awesome as the sun was setting.

RB and LY are better looking but we’re into 182’s then.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iceberg is a great colour. I agree they look crap in pics on silver 5 spokes and by far the worst choice std in pics but it’s my fav 172 colour and comes alive with anthracite Turinis. It turns really blue in some lights.

View attachment 1532471

I remember taking my iceberg V6 to a wedding and guests were all over it, was parked in a yard near the reception and just looked awesome as the sun was setting.

RB and LY are better looking but we’re into 182’s then.
I said it before and was mocked for it. But the amount of Silver 1*2’s broken or smashed into track slags, whilst the owners of RB’s tuck them all away nicely, along with the trophy owners. The numbers of silver cars will likely be dropping faster than most other colours! In 10 years time those worthless ‘boring’ silvers maybe even bloody rarer 😂 obviously lots more culling to go!
But I’m completely with you. The only colour 172 I would pick over the silvers is Flame red, in 182’s it is RB, but I’m starting to get a little bored of it now. So probably only LY. I get that I’m in a very small minority. But I’m cool with that

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there were only ever 172 Exclusive's, and despite the efforts of a few owners the prices of those hasn't done much.

Got a while to go before there's less Silver cars than that.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exclusive was a funny one though. That colour was/has never been in fashion and the interior was always and acquired taste. As also the wheels, which I love by the way.
But there have been a couple for sale recently for £8k, unsure if any sold mind and sales are what matter. However, that to my mind is the real top price for any 1*2 at the moment excluding trophy.

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182
I had an iceberg 172 which was really rough but in some ways I enjoyed it more than my current 182. It did look good when it was washed. I'd have another all day long. Just look at Mr Blonde's titanium if you want some inspiration.