ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

210bhp clio for sale is this anybody on h

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by cliosportcraig on 05 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 05 July 2004

if thats 210bhp Ill bare my arse in woolworths window. For a week. What a t**ser.
Goes to blokes house to TB his motor ;)
:oops: lol...

Hell probably come on here in a minute with a RR graph and prove me wrong!!

if he does, im gonna make the trip to your home town, just to ridicule u as u bare your arse in woolies window, and then ill post the pics on here:devilish:

350z & 16v Maxi

Here what he said when i asked where all the power came from:

The first item put onto the car was a Pipercross Viper Cold air feed induction kit, which I was told gives an extra 12BHP. With just the induction kit alone you could tell the major difference. That put me up to 184 BHP. That was shortly followed by a Magnex exhaust system, which only added an extra 3 BHP, but sounds great. Early this year the car was Superchipped at Demon Tweeks. The apparent performance improvement I was given was 15%, of the current power, which resulted in a total of 211.6BHP. Although I think that total could be a little high. I personally estimate the total power to be somewhere between 208 to 210 BHP. The difference the superchip made was impressive. To account for the extra power I changed to Yokohama tyres, as the standard continental tyres on the car where poor.
The car has not officially been tested for BHP on a rolling road as there are not to many of them in the North West.
I now also believe that K-tech racing have developed a turbo for the 172, which could result in these cars having as much power as the V6.

The car itself has not been lowered, as I did not want to tamper with the way it handled. The only two things I will say though is that with weight in the back the exhaust box touches on the rear axle and gives a slight rattle at very high revs when pushing the car hard. I think that hopefully this has now been cured, with high temp rubber/sound insulation used inside engine hatches on boats, and will not melt at extremely high temperatures. I have tried to place a strip of this on the rear axle and I think it has cured the problem.
Hope this information has been helpful to you.

OMG - He added together the promises from a Chip, Filter and Exhaust and came up with 210bhp - poor lad.

Worst thing is someone will believe it too and buy it.

When I was looking for my last car I checked out a few RS2000s that had been modded before going for the Williams - they all has similar thoughts on the power they had from the Filter/Exhaust/chip combo - I tried explaning it to one lad that was advertising 190bhp from his 150bhp car with these and he wouldnt beleive me as his mates RS Turbo could get the power from them...ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

I gave up on the modded RS2000s and none had the power quoted that I looked at.

Yeah but its red, obviously that adds another 10bhp.

Actually he sounds quite sincere, I mean hes telling you the faults and stuff.

Lee

BMW M2C

Why do you lot insist on picking on people. You all think you are so superior. The guy is just trying to sell his car. LOL

LoL in the real world these give between 185-189 bhp total - tried and tested MANY TIME BEFORE.... sad sad sad deluded creature - he obviously never found cliosport.net did he LoL

350z & 16v Maxi

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 07 July 2004

Why do you lot insist on picking on people. You all think you are so superior. The guy is just trying to sell his car. LOL
we are superior!!!! lol

because he probably knows its a """SLIGHT""" :D exageration, in order to sell the car. he obviously wants rid but for what reason ?? damage, broken, cant drive very well....

if i had a genuine 210Bhp 172 i wouldnt be selling it.. becuase it would be VERY quick, much quicker than that bloke could hope to buy for that price after he sold. thats another 40bhp so that exquates to around nearly 1sec or more off the 0-60 so on a 172 that would be around 6.1 !! and the midrange would be very tidy in terms of lbft

IMO.. as long as knowone buys it and hten comes on here claiming a 210bhp car.

I am aiming for that sort of power but would go for the K-tec exhaust and the sports Cat which they said would combine to give about 14bhp... then the Induction at about 10bhp, Kent Cam for 10bhp, and Chip on top - 10bhp.

All in all i reckon about 30-35bhp on top of the 172 - ~210bhp. + quick shift and without a spare wheel and lighter alloys should give me the 5.9 i was looking for.... perhaps I should get this red 172 and i would be at about 230 :p

Oh I forgot - I will get 220bhp - mine is red too :D

Clio 172 Ph2

God, Ive got everything he has and done 10k less miles. I was only expecting £9000 if I sold mine and its a Jan 2003 car.

dream dream dream...