ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

225 pulley

Renault Clio 182
Hey guys just a quick one,

A guy at work said I should get a megane 225 pulley wheel for the 182 cause it boosts power, I've never heard of this and if its true where can I get one from?

HBT 172 Cup
LOL

Just go back to work, agree with him tell him you've spoken to some experts and they have explained the 225 crank pulley has more teeth on it, so the cams are geared faster to make more power, see what he says...

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
or say i will let you do it 1st and see how well it works and if its worth doing ;)

Renault Clio 182
Lol to both of them comments may actually give it a go. He honestly believes it too well guess there's some that walk amoung us

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The 225/R26/27 bottom pulley is over twice the diameter of the 172/182 equivalent so it's obviously going to make it faster due to the increased rolling radius.

Be careful though as the increase in radius will require more torque to make it turn so the engine won't rev up as fast... Maybe lighten and balance work required?

Mick

Trophy Turbo :)
The 225/R26/27 bottom pulley is over twice the diameter of the 172/182 equivalent so it's obviously going to make it faster due to the increased rolling radius.

Be careful though as the increase in radius will require more torque to make it turn so the engine won't rev up as fast... Maybe lighten and balance work required?

Mick

your skills twizzling them spanners are wasted mate :) you need to do stand up :)

HBT 172 Cup
Larger radius required to spin dat alternator faster to make sure there is no interuption to his pumping choons? is he one of those gaylords?

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
If you decide to do the 225 pulley mod, remember to put the back seats down to the handling matches the increased power.