ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

240z V8 Turbo......r1 Eater!!!

B

Brown.

f**k knows....i only read the title oh s**t just realised that aint the same car ....thats a standard 240 the car that races the bike is titled small black v8 soz chaps

Monaro VXR
And your looking at a car similar weight to a clio with 300rwhp+ and over 300lb ft of torque in stock trim. Spend a few grand on an LS1 and you have a 500+ horsepower beast.

Been done a fair bit in the 240 lots of people use the small block 350 chevy engines (5.7 ltr V8)

Monaro VXR
Well theres 500hp 240z's running sub 10 second 1/4's and that one right there you see is has over 800rwhp. R1 typically runs a 10ish second 1/4. so 800rwhp in a car that weighs just slightly more than a 172 cup.

That car used to have its own site not sure if its up anymore but theres other videos of it around. its not turbo'd either its supercharged. Theres other videos showing around the car and the engine etc. Think its a 383ci supercharged chevy lump if i remember correctly.

They're 2 different cars. The top vid is a stock one.

The bottom one has a procharged small block chevy in its quite an old car i've had a vid of it for about 5 years. If you search for "fet v8 med kompressor & lustgas video" in google and have bitorrent you'll be able to download it. Its an awesome video it blows the tyres away booting it from 50mph lol

Matt

Nippy white cup
I`m pretty sure that they don`t both boot it from the line but accelerate shortly after setting off. I remember something like this at York (Not the same car tho) Bike went screaming up and got a 10 sec 1/4. Then a skyline just beat its time.....then a big old heavy looking american car that drove there got a 9 sec 1/4. It does take a huge amount of power but bikes can be beaten. Of course a drag tuned bike would be quicker again lol

Chris

Yeh http://www.procharger.com/

Looks like fuckin big turbo but its driven off the crank.

coupe1.jpg

Thats one of the bigger ones lol

Matt

cliokhunt said:
Has anyone seen that TVR drag bike that does 0-200 in 6.5 seconds :quiet:

Thats a stunning bit of machinery. Cars will always be quicker tho simply for the fact that you've got twice as much traction and you don't have to find a way to keep the driver/rider on the machine.

Matt

Yaris Hybrid
They guy on the bike wasn't giving it 100%. Hard to see but the front wheel was pretty planted where as even on mine it is skipping up to 110mph - so you can imagine what another 40bhp would do.... That slight curve after pulling away from those lights will feel like a sharp corner when you are accelerating that hard with the front wheel not touching the floor properly so you tend to hold back on the throttle and sometimes just have a neutral throttle especially on bumps.

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_street_bike_performance_times/

Also as you can see the quarter time varies per year - the original R1's not being much quicker than the latest 600's and the latest R1's doing 9 second quarters.

RenaultSport Clio 182
My mate's dad races a Datsun 240Z, beautiful car, always get a lot of attention at race meetings. Should be off to Spa at the end of September.