ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

242bhp

The Tube

Basically if this car isnt 242bhp, then he is misrepresenting the car. Therefore any winning bid would be classed as void as the car is not what hes advertising.

If you went to view the car, and even paid to have it rolling road tested, and it didnt come back as 242bhp, the seller could be sued under misrepresentation, and any costs you incurred to go and view the car and have it tested would have to be repaid.

Or you could always ask if hed take a part-ex on a 500bhp Nova SRI.

Mac

[Edited by Macca172 on 17 May 2005 at 2:38pm]

[Edited by Macca172 on 17 May 2005 at 2:38pm]

Your on crack arnt you 4 seconds is impossible for a 172 running 240 bhp oh and a lotus elise ecu fitted to it um nope unless your talking full replacement ecu like gems, omex etc but a standard elise ecu wouldnt work as they are on different engines lotus elise is either rover k series or toyota vvti lump. please ammend your advert as its just a lie.

my message :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

calm down people! i spoke to the seller on the phone last night as he sent me an email to ensure i was not a hoax bidder....

This is what he told me.

He only got the car two months ago as he bought it from an auction for his wife as she prefers smaller cars.

but it hardly gets used so he had decided to sell it as his wife has a convertable which she prefers going out in

the 172 was previously owned by a renault mechanic some where round lincoln, he spoke with this ex owner who said it was always being tinkered with at the garage where he worked

the seller at prersetn doesnt have the service book as he sent it back to the last owner so that it could be updated as it was only uip to 60000 miles on the service book

thius has never been returned to him, but the seller does have a photocopy of the swervice book

the seller assures me the cambelt has been done but he has no documentation to prove this

when i first spoke to the seller he was EXTREMELY upset at the abuse he had got on CS - he told me he had been told the bhp output by the ptrevious owner and said he was close to pulling the auction because of all the emails and abuse he was getting.

make of this as you will.

seb

[Edited by seb182 on 17 May 2005 at 6:11pm]

Hmm, i feel sorry for him now :( I suppose if its what hes been told guys and he doesnt know about cars then this is what hes going to advertise. Its probably like my mother trying to sell her car. She just knows its purple and has 4 wheels!. We all know 240+Bhp in a clio is a dream but this is what he was told and hes obviously never been told any different. Someone might be getting a good car here, as long as they know its just more or less standard.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i told him he should re list it as a standard 172 and check to see what has been done to it... i said the reason he is getting so much abuse is becasue the 172 wont have 242bhp...

Think I need to find out which garage the previous owners friends worked at! Never cam across a renault technician who has had a clue about V6 maybe with being able to mod a Lotus ECU to 172 they mught know what reset button on their computer does!!

Im curious as to how he knew to look on this website for a thread which related to his advertisement? maybe he wanted to check to see if any of us knew the Bhp claim was steep???

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

someone emailed him to go and look at cliosport due to the threadas about his car... i wonder who it was!

Not a Clio

surely the previous owner would have been proud that they had taken the power up to 242bhp and would have at least provided a list of modifications. The fact they dont seem to have done this looks a tad suspicious.

The 242bhp must have been a guess as there was no mention as the the previous owner ever having done a RR.

Quote: Originally posted by SOOTY on 17 May 2005

Hmm, i feel sorry for him now :( I suppose if its what hes been told guys and he doesnt know about cars then this is what hes going to advertise. Its probably like my mother trying to sell her car. She just knows its purple and has 4 wheels!. We all know 240+Bhp in a clio is a dream but this is what he was told and hes obviously never been told any different. Someone might be getting a good car here, as long as they know its just more or less standard.

I dont feel sorry for him at all, looking at his add, its NOT the only car he has ever sold....

Who buys a modded car of someone without prof of what has been modded?, it should at least have a list of engine mods done and a RR read out of it.

He should pull the sale and re list as a std 172 untill he can get proper details imho.

Simon.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

WYTF does he keep going on about how it feels quicker than a 220 bhp Saab (which is probably knackered and makes more like 120 bhp) when the Saab probably weighs as much as a house in comparison to the clio? WADH!

clio v6

he should never list a car until he can back it up...

bye the way my vee has 400 bhp.... my 12 year old son said so...

it is on GRAN TOURISMO......SO THERE!!!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 17 May 2005
WYTF does he keep going on about how it feels quicker than a 220 bhp Saab (which is probably knackered and makes more like 120 bhp) when the Saab probably weighs as much as a house in comparison to the clio? WADH!

Dont know alot about SAABs but have they got a 220bhp and can someone find out specs????

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by msa182 on 17 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 17 May 2005

Dont know alot about SAABs but have they got a 220bhp and can someone find out specs????

Nah I mean it might have had 220bhp when it was new but its probably old, knackered and badly maintained with a few leaking hoses and makes a lot less. Plus its got to be heavier than the clio.

Quote: Originally posted by SOOTY on 17 May 2005

Dont! Hes falsely claiming and the fact that his wife didnt drive it much within a 2 month period is not a lot to go on is it! Hes selling other cars. Blatantly a wheeler dealer in my eyes. Got this car on the cheap as its got some light mods, high miles and NO SERVICE book, is that even mentioned in the ad? - and is going to make a tidy profit.

If he is genuinely sorry he wont mind people from here contacting the winning bidders and pointing them in the direction of this post.

Well done to Cliosport people :)

Valver

I used to have a 190bhp saab 9000 which was chipped if I remember rightly, timed it with my mate with the passanger seat (crude i know) got 7.5s and it was a bad start, not bad for a brick...