ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Right can someone estimate when they will be near the 25B mark? Then ill go mad spending. I may even buy some legal music.

Bus w**ker
Probably about the same time you reply to a text that has a question in it or within the next 24 hours...maybe.

Wow.

£10k, I'd finally buy TomTom, that's literally the only app I want, which I haven't bought.

S3, Polo
I have 59 currently on my phone and over the years, I've accumulated about 90-odd in iTunes, not counting the $hit ones I've downloaded, opened once and deleted...

I don't think I'm the exception to the rule, so it seems plausible.

2.2 bar shed.
I don't think I'm the exception to the rule, so it seems plausible.

mythbusters_plausible_spray.png

?

I find that number difficult to believe. That's 3.6 apps for every living human being on planet Earth.

Makes sense to me.

I've just checked mine, 78 on the iPad, 51 on the iPhone. That's current, probably downloaded hundreds of others that I've deleted.

55million iPads sold, (take my app figure as average) = 4.3billion apps.
108million iPhones = 5.4billion apps.

That figure can easily be trippled for apps deleted, re downloaded etc.

Last June, apple announced they sold 200million iDevices, that's only 125 apps per device on average.

Last edited:
Maybe I wasn't clear. I didn't meant to suggest Apple are lying or anything silly like that. I meant it just seems amazing that it is literally 3.6 apps per living human. That is an amazing achievement. Even more impressive when you consider that iPhone and iOS are still in their relative infancy.

The curve is only going to get steeper too.

There was more iOS devices sold last year than Macs have sold in 28 years.

That clock doesn't seem real to me.

It's about 1,000 every second it never peaks or drops off just stays the same.

Not doubting the amount they have sold. That countdown just doesn't seem real to me.

Just an animation I would imagine. Goes up broadly inline with the rate at which they know people are downloading apps?

Probably not Flash though lol.

An orange one
Hahah very true,

Wish apple and adobe would knock heads together and sort that situation out!

An orange one
True..but loads of stuff online uses it which us iPad users can't watch..it gets tedious

Anyhow, can't see it happening now after all this time lol