ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

27" 240hz Monitor

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Guys, anyone using a 27" 240hz monitor? if so which one? my lad is after a new monitor and wants 27" 240hz 1ms, he is happy with 1080p as not graphics heavy, any recommendations up to say £400ish?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Have a look at the Youtube channels of Optimum Tech and also Hardware unboxed.

I think they do the best monitor reviews.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Would genuinely be interested in seeing the difference between the 144hz monitor I have and a 240hz unit.

The step up from 60hz to 144hz is really noticeable - but I wonder if beyond that, it's a rate of diminishing returns?

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Would genuinely be interested in seeing the difference between the 144hz monitor I have and a 240hz unit.

The step up from 60hz to 144hz is really noticeable - but I wonder if beyond that, it's a rate of diminishing returns?
i am bit pissed off to be honest, we have bought him a new PC for his 18th with a 3070ti and Ryzen 7 5800x, i would have expected him to be looking at least at 1440p, but it's all about the speed for him, from what i have read, 240hz is the go to for quick FPS, i would have thought 1440p at 144hz would be much nicer, but he is happy to drop to 1080p to get 240hz, his choice i guess.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
i am bit pissed off to be honest, we have bought him a new PC for his 18th with a 3070ti and Ryzen 7 5800x, i would have expected him to be looking at least at 1440p, but it's all about the speed for him, from what i have read, 240hz is the go to for quick FPS, i would have thought 1440p at 144hz would be much nicer, but he is happy to drop to 1080p to get 240hz, his choice i guess.

Can totally understand this if hes focused on competitive FPS games, pro FPS gamers will always favour the highest FPS and HZ possible not overly worrying about graphics quality, the smoothness alone is brilliant, so 1440p onwards isn’t required as it does really start to eat into frames even with a modern card, its alot more pixels to render than 1080p. If he isn’t into competitive FPS games, then its totally the wrong decision imo.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I lasted no more than 3 games at 1080p a couple of months back. I got an extra 40 frames iirc but looked bloody awful so changed back to 1440.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Can totally understand this if hes focused on competitive FPS games, pro FPS gamers will always favour the highest FPS and HZ possible not overly worrying about graphics quality, the smoothness alone is brilliant, so 1440p onwards isn’t required as it does really start to eat into frames even with a modern card, its alot more pixels to render than 1080p. If he isn’t into competitive FPS games, then its totally the wrong decision imo.
He has played in a few tournaments i think, he plays CS Go a lot with the same group, it's just a shame he probably won't use the full potential of the GPU graphics wise.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I lasted no more than 3 games at 1080p a couple of months back. I got an extra 40 frames iirc but looked bloody awful so changed back to 1440.

Will look better on a dedicated 1080p monitor. That said I wasn't too fussed running games at 1080p on my 1440p monitor for nearly a year lol.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Don't the pros run their games at sub 1080P anyway? CS GO will run 240FPS plus at 1440P. The game can be run well on a 10 year old rig.

I've got a 1440P 270Hz monitor. At those FPS the game needs to be optimised for it. As an example. PUBG runs at 230FPS (Ish) for me but the CPU usage is sub 50% and GPU around 50%.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Don't the pros run their games at sub 1080P anyway? CS GO will run 240FPS plus at 1440P. The game can be run well on a 10 year old rig.

I've got a 1440P 270Hz monitor. At those FPS the game needs to be optimised for it. As an example. PUBG runs at 230FPS (Ish) for me but the CPU usage is sub 50% and GPU around 50%.
You will be 100% right i am sure, but a 1440p 240hz monitor is expensive, well the ones i found were over £600? it's a shame he won't drop hz for picture quality, but it's his money at the end of the day.

He streams COD a bit as well in 1080p so maybe a 1080p monitor will be better for him?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Bumping this.
Looking for something to use with the PS5 when I'm kicked out of the living room.

Small budget of £250 or so.

Seen a lot of cheap ones on Amazon but I'm not convinced they will be any good.