ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2JZ Engine. No s**t.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Antilag is a little bit louder because the turbo compresses the air and petrol. That's the only difference.

Its the volume of air that's the difference. You can map an n/a car to make just as much drama though if you want. In fact I've done it as an experiment.

Does nothing useful and loads of harm to the engine. So not a good idea.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If it just compressed air, you wouldn't get a bigger bang. There's got to be compressed fuel in with it as well.

Well the fuel is in the compressed hot air leaving the engine, and as its gaseous at the time as its over its boiling point its therefore a gas and hence shares the compression, so yes you are technically correct.

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Yes, but the turbo's not compressing it when it's leaving the engine (or if it is, it's only in the exhaust manifold, not through the length of the exhaust)! There is compression, but that's mainly due to heat expansion, and that's driving the vanes, not being driven by them.

It's the inlet side of the turbo that does the compressing. Hence forced induction.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes, but the turbo's not compressing it when it's leaving the engine (or if it is, it's only in the exhaust manifold, not through the length of the exhaust)! There is compression, but that's mainly due to heat expansion, and that's driving the vanes, not being driven by them.

It's the inlet side of the turbo that does the compressing. Hence forced induction.

More air forced in means more air comes out so for any given exhaust size it means more back pressure.
But its just sheer air/fuel volume making the difference. Pops and bangs map is only a tiny throttle angle so very little flow.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Don't let AndyRG see this or that engine will be in a clio.. 2nd thoughts Ill pm him link ;)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Really???! Have you piloted anything near 1000hp and rwd? 1100hp to the back wheels probably explains it quite easily..........Mika Salo is the driver by the way.

No. If I had, would I have skills too then?

Had no idea who the driver was, I just saw terrible hand positioning on the wheel (kind of important when you have a car that difficult to keep in a straight line) and one hand seemingly glued to the gear stick....which I've never understood myself.