ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2ltr owners petrol consumption

i get 30-33 mpg. my last tank had a load of 5th gear 50-60 mph long run involved so i got 37mpg.

if you have a light right foot you can squeeze the economy out of these cars but wheres the fun in that mwahahahahhaa

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 03 June 2005

not really comparing, just seeing what other larger engine cars are like for petrol

will have to get that new exhaust on and go out for a good drive
Well my 306 is worse on fuel than my Clio was, but its better than my Civic was, all 3 are 2.0s

renaultsport clio 182

my previous motor was a 306 xsi 2.0 8 valve not too bad on petrol but my 172 is a lot better 36mpg on the trip comp at the mo.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I just got 39mpg on a steady 200 mile round trip to Silverstone on mostly motorways. Weekly town driving is around 32mpg.

Lee

BMW M2C

Thats good going in a GTi-6.

Ive done Silverstone and back the last two days. Yesterday I got 32mpg with A5 there M40 back, at speed! Today I took the A5 there and back but the weather was shocking coming back so I took it easy which knocked the average up to over 35mpg.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

wtf i get on average 21-25mpg, if i do mways then 30 tops, £20 gives me roughly 150 miles

Volvo S60 T5

I get an average of 28 round town, did see 40 on the the trip to FCS, but was driving like an old man:oops:

Oh and 18 mpg on the track hehe!!!:)

[Edited by Mike172sport on 03 June 2005 at 8:13pm]

Lee

BMW M2C

I got 16mpg around Spa, I used pretty much a tank over 120 miles!!

Lawrence, you do know its got 5 gears? lol

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 03 June 2005

I got 16mpg around Spa, I used pretty much a tank over 120 miles!!

Lawrence, you do know its got 5 gears? lol
hehehe yeah i know but can never resist dropping into 3rd or 4th to overtake then i just sit at silly speeds, i always try to set off and stay at 70 but never happens

Lee

BMW M2C

Its that 5th to 3rd overtaking that does it. I did a lot of that this morning on the short duel carriageways on the A5 from Cannock to Silverstone. Had to show those f*****g BMW drivers who kept trying to get a jump on me who has the quicker car (up to 70mph of course).

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 03 June 2005

Its that 5th to 3rd overtaking that does it. I did a lot of that this morning on the short duel carriageways on the A5 from Cannock to Silverstone. Had to show those f*****g BMW drivers who kept trying to get a jump on me who has the quicker car (up to 70mph of course).
exactly and to loose thsoe pesky rep mobiles(yeah up to 70mph);)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 03 June 2005
You will get different answers depending on the way people drive. I do 52 miles a day averaging about 34 mpg and I have to put £20 in every 4 days.

My daily commute is a mixture of Motorway and A road with a bit of City driving thrown in.

Exactly the same :)

Averaging 34mpg, mostly A road dual carrageway with a bit of motorway and town driving.

CJ

Blue ph1 172

290 miles to £32 optimax at about 34 miles per gallon. Seems to be the average as well.

Petrol prices suck these days!!!!! what happens when it goes to £1 a litre?? All the boards only go up to 99.99p thats ninety nine point nine nine pence per litre!
Anyways my 2 litre clio returns about 32-34 mpg not bad considering my gf 1.2 only returns about 38 mpg.

my clio cup 25mpg

my golf 1.8 supercharged 18mpg

my van 2.0 diesel oh yes for ever! at least 150mpg

sounds a bit like my neck my back my er um anyway whos worried about petrol......... students not petrol HEADS!

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

I get about 36mpg. Fill-up costs between £32-£35 and lasts me anywhere from 300-350 miles depending how much I thrash it.

Most of my mileage is a regular 36 mile round trip to and from work which is all A-roads.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

lol, and heres why Im stuck between a rock (keeping the 182) and a hard place (Impreza P1). The 182 will do around 110 miles per £10. The P1 will do around 110 miles per £25. Damn this petrol stuff