ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2nd Faulty iMac.

Had my replacement 27" iMac delivered today after the first had a dead screen.
Just gone to turn it on and it just beeps in a deep tone, and nothing else.

Anyone any ideas before I have to ring Apple again tomorrow. I'll be pushing to return it and swap it in store as it was purchased online, as I don't want to be waiting another 4 days for a 3rd to be delivered.

Pretty annoyed in all honesty.

I'd push for some form of compensation if you can, say it's soured the whole experience as you'd been looking forward to it. Touch wood both my old soon to be sold on G5 and the 27inch i7 I've just bought were spot on.

Was yours custom spec/build or a standard spec one? That may play a part in whether you'll be able to just walk in and pick one up.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Apple seem to like messing you about Greg. Hopefully you will get a functioning one next time.

If it's standard spec, you can exchange in store. It's it BTO (built to order) then you'll have to wait for another to be sent.

I've got an email address I'll give you. Not 100% sure it still works, but worth a try.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Terrible luck :(

You need to contact someone higher up to express your views, but I believe the email Christopher gave me no longer works, he might know something more up to date though.

You should get some sort of compensation, even if its just some itunes vouchers. If you manage to get a new one in store speak to the manager about it too.

Well I bought this after my 3.5year old MBP died, and I'm really disappointed in Apple as I've spent about £13k with them down the years, since circa 2003. I'll be ringing tomorrow and telling them I want to take it and swap it at store as it's a base model. They have soured the whole experience and my high regard of them, as after two weeks I'm still left without my product.

I'm not really fussed about compensation, I just want a working unit, but I'll see how tomorrow pans out and may throw it into the mixer and see what they say.

'Disappointed' 'I used to recommend Apple to my friends' 'I don't feel confident in Apple anymore'

Say all that to a manager. You'll get something.

Did you pay for AppleCare? I'd push for that.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You need to speak to the manage in store.

The call centre staff wont give a s**t, especially if you get put through to india.

Not wanting to sound racist, but I spoke to "India" last time and his script was diabolical.

I bought AppleCare, but I convinced my mum to buy an iMac and currently swaying her towards an iPad over a kindle, what kind of advert is this.

Just been pretty much fobbed off inthe phone. They're sending me yet another unit out which will get here Thursday FFS.

If I want to return it to a store they'll only swap it for a refurb unit, which is bullshit.

The guy didn't seem interested when I was saying about how disappointed I was in the whole service situation.
I'll be sending a strongly worded letter later on, I think.
So now, that'll be 3 iMacs in the space of approx 2 weeks, though Narinder or whatever he said has assured me it'll be perfect.

RIP Dan
That is bad luck, pretty much how things always roll for me so I am used to it.

Fingers crossed this one is the one. Complaining will get you something.

My third is out for delivery, I'm not holding my breath.

Currently typing out a very well worded email of complaint :)

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
The whole excitement of it isn't there. Took me an hour to get it set up as I wasn't really bothered.

:(

When you're speaking to them about it, I'd also lay on the whole Christmas excuse due to the time of year. Say it's a Christmas present/spoiled Christmas/made Santa feel bad etc - and unless they give you a free iPad (maybe 2, one for me aswell) then you'll send it back for a refund and get an Acer. LOL.

No chance you'll get anything like that free.

Applecare is a good shout, as it doesn't cost them anything (if nothing goes wrong), but you have peace of mind for three years.