ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2nd Hand PS3's Opinions?

HK52 VLW 172 Cup
Keep seeing second hand PS3 sets of four advertised on Facebook for £120 a set. Ad says all tyres have 5-7mm tread with no punctures or repairs, and have been only used on track for 30 to 40 laps. Anyone have experience of buying second hand tryes for a road car? I don't go on track so don't know how bad they could be.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Keep seeing second hand PS3 sets of four advertised on Facebook for £120 a set. Ad says all tyres have 5-7mm tread with no punctures or repairs, and have been only used on track for 30 to 40 laps. Anyone have experience of buying second hand tryes for a road car? I don't go on track so don't know how bad they could be.
There used to be a guy that ran an MX5 race car/team. He used to sell loads (and I mean LOADS!) on eBay. If it’s the same bloke, they’re really good tyres, all worn evenly etc.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Nothing wrong with used tyres if you buy them from a trusted seller.

Only thing worth mentioning when buying used track tyres for the road, Is thar be careful the tread pattern hasn’t got too much heat and almost misshaped they pattern, if that makes sense. There’s a chance you’ll get vibrations though the steering wheel.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Aye I've had a few sets, he lives not too far from me so I usually nip over. I believe SlickerSales on eBay is a very similar ordeal but I've only had 1 pair of tyres from him

The PS3's I get are practically new but have a tiny amount of pickup on them. For £100 a set I definitely don't grumble

I've got a mate who used to get the Giti GT2RS' really cheap too from the funcup bug stuff. They're a great tyre at £130 for a set of 5mm tyres

HK52 VLW 172 Cup
In a bit of a dilemma now as Camskill are doing 4 Avon ZV7 for £170 delivered Vs the used PS3's for £130 a set delivered. What to do:unsure:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Where are based I can get these too? 😉

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Who do you get to swap tyres over? I've tried a few local tyre places and the only one that will do it is a mobile fitter who charges a fair amount.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The usual excuse is that they don't like fitting tyres that they haven't supplied. I've had that response from small chains and independents.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
That's a bit daft. By that logic if you bought snow tyres from them they'd refuse to re-fit your old tyres when the weather got better.
I'm surprised it's the small chains saying that, I could imagine Kwik Fit saying something along those lines but you'd think smaller places wouldn't be as fussy.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
The usual excuse is that they don't like fitting tyres that they haven't supplied. I've had that response from small chains and independents.

I normally get quoted £15 per wheel on the books or £10 off, same for most places I’ve tried over the years.

Yeh it’s a pain! And the rears are sound so don’t want to replace all 4 with something else either.
Just a pair of decent part worns will do me reet

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I normally get quoted £15 per wheel on the books or £10 off, same for most places I’ve tried over the years.
£10 off books🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

£5 a wheel for fitting and balancing cash where I go. That includes a new valve as well

I always take my old tyres away to save them a few quid, costs me f**k all to take them to the tip

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
£10 off books🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

£5 a wheel for fitting and balancing cash where I go. That includes a new valve as well

I always take my old tyres away to save them a few quid, costs me f**k all to take them to the tip

Guess I’ll drive up north for hours to save myself £20 then? 😂

Tbh if you’re taking the old boots that’s probably why it’s cheaper, where do you get rid and for how much, can’t see a recycling centre taking them?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Guess I’ll drive up north for hours to save myself £20 then? 😂

Tbh if you’re taking the old boots that’s probably why it’s cheaper, where do you get rid and for how much, can’t see a recycling centre taking them?
Aye my local one takes them. Typically they only let you get rid of 1 or 2 at a time but I've done 10 in one go before quickly jumping back in the car and f**king off🤣🤣🤣

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Aye my local one takes them. Typically they only let you get rid of 1 or 2 at a time but I've done 10 in one go before quickly jumping back in the car and f**king off🤣🤣🤣

Well f**k you mine doesn’t take them lol, bloody northerners. I will have to look into it though as £40 each time I want tyres swapping is abit s**t tbh.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
£40 isn't that horrific tbh

Most places up here charge £10 per wheel but the lads local to me are pretty sound and know that half the cost in the job is getting rid of the old casing at nearly £3 a pop

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
We just throw them down a country lane at night up north.

The guy who sells the worn ps3s in huddersfield actually is a real nice guy and can sort you out pretty much any tyre you want.

Tonyclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I bought a set of PS3’s off this guy as needed a set of road wheels for MOT and RR runs and very pleased with tyres and service. One had a flat spot on it, so contacted him and a day later replacement turned up no quibble and full of apologies.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ive had a couple of sets of the part worn michelins. Usually around a year old max, great value for money.

2005 Clio Sport
Am looking for 2x 205/45R16 tyres. I have got 2x decent PS3’s, but cannot find these. There doesn’t seem much around at moment. Any suggestions around Kent / East M25 way?