ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2x 12" JBL GTO 1000w

Oyster Card
My current amp/sub setup follows... yes I know it's not great but I dont justify spending £xxxx's on ICE, until now.

1000w Wiring Kit
JVC MP3 Headunit
JBL GTO 2000 400w Max Amp
JBL GTO 1000w Max Sub (About 430 true)

Now a mate has just given me an identical JBL sub and box, so I'll have the amp and two 12" subs.
I can't find a decent way of wiring the second one up, the amp is two channel but the only way I can get the 2nd sub to do anything is by linking it directly off the first sub which is sort of pointless as it sounds like a wet fart then.

Is there a way to run two subs of this amp? At the moment I've got one sub running of the L+ and R- so it leaves the L- and the R+ channel free, but adding the 2nd subs wire there doesn't do anything...

Urrgh bloody things.

Also a mate of mine has sorted himself out access to a wholesalers which we're going down tommorow.
I've been there before f**king quality, Pioneer speakers £80 in Halfrauds picked them up for £15.
Bucket seats £110 for two, Rage backbox £40, In car DVD Player with 5 screens £120 ... You get the picture.

Basically a big Halfords without the big prices.

I'm looking at a 1200w Mutant Amp there, £150 in the shops £50 there.
Or a Kenwood 2000w amp for £70 I think.

http://www.motor-world.co.uk/kroozi...54&PHPSESSID=bcc5a08f96b1e6a28b12b33f6deaf170
The Mutant amp for £50 would do me, you reckon it'd power them two subs okay?

Skoda Fabia vRS
those Mutant amps are actually very good money for the retail price, so at trade price they are stupidly good value

that amp WILL power both your subs, and quite well aswell actually

i work for Motor World and ive heard loads of the Mutant setups, they are mad for the cash you pay for em

Oyster Card
Sweet cheers mate, I'd keep the JBL amp if I can get it to run the two subs good.
Will pickup the Mutant amp for £50 anyhow will find use for it whether it be speakers or subs lol.

Any idea how I should go about setting them up.

Polo + Micra
i'd guess that that mutant amp is a mono block (class d)

so i'd guess it only has a limited frequncy output (400Hz max)

so it's only good for subs.

to connect just connect the + of the subs to the + on the amp and same with the -'s

Oyster Card
Done it, Cheers Dink.
To be honest I'm not sure if it sounds much better than the single sub?

Any ideas as to why?

muz

big fat japanese bus
yes Mutant stuff is poor(mind you for £50 you can do little better), however you might have connected them to show an 8 ohm load as opposed to a 2.

I have heard lots of stories about hthe Mutant stuff going pop, bang and crackle! plus they dont like hot weather

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive never heard any mutant gear that doesnt sound brilliant for the money

in fact today i heard one of there subs and amps in a Clio and i was amazed at the bass, especially considering the cash

Skoda Fabia vRS
could you take a pic of how you have wired it up ?

and the connections on the amp itself