ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adding components to my 2 channel amp.

Clio 1.4 Ph2 Extreme
Hi, im after adding component to my system at the moment.
Right now i have,
subcompressed.jpg

Compressed.jpg

Jbl gt4 sub 1000w
and a gto 400w amp it is 2 channel
My Head unit is an alpine CDE 9881rb, with 4 pre-outs (current 2 are powering the amp via rca cables)
As for speakers i have the two standard oem renault speakers in my car and no speakers in the rear.

Im looking to install components in the front amped using crossovers and from the amp. I want to spend about 60-70 on these. Preferably direct fit (13cm ) or may use mdf rings to install the slightly larger size.
And then get just a set of coaxials to fit in the rear.

If that made any sense, could someone help me with how to wire it up, as in circuit wise and what speaker cable to use, and which components to go for.
Thanks Liam

Ph1 172 + Combo van
you said 2 of your head unit channels are powering your amp? pre-amp outputs are what they are called. they are an output before the signall has been amplified by the headunit.

so atm you still have 4 channels on your headunit and an extra 2 on your amp which i assume are bridged to run your sub.

if you want to amp your front speakers (good decision) you will need 2 more channels from an amp so will need to buy a bigger amp or another two channel amp.

if you are going to run them off the headunit (bad decision) then you will not need a new amp you can just wire them up straight to the hu. you wont really hear much difference though as the signal from the hu will not be clear or very powerful.

Clio 1.4 Ph2 Extreme
oh right thats a bit crap, there is two more terminals on the amp, that are spare are these the ones to bridge to another amp?

So its not worth it until i get another amp?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
if your current amp is a 2 channel then i would assume these both channels will be bridged to run your sub as 1 channel on its own would not be powerful enough. your two channel amp would mean (ch1+- ch2+-) and the sub would run from a positive on channel 1 and the negative of channel 2.

best thing to do would be to sell your amp and buy a 3/4 channel amp like a jbl 1004 amp. car audio security do it for £115. this would mean you can run the front speakers off channels 1 and 2. then you bridge channels 3 and 4 to run your sub.

i have that amp and have done what i said above and it sounds pretty good.
then you could get some components depending on how much you want to spend.

Clio 1.4 Ph2 Extreme
yeh makes sense now. at the moment only tow of the terminals on the amp are bridged to the sub. Is that right?
Ill have a look at that amp. Thanks Liam