ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 beeps when setting alarm???

172 cup
as above ^^^ when i set my alarm after i get out my car every now and then it beeps 3 times anyone know what it is?

Matty

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Its when you stop the car, turn ignition off and then back on again, then when you lock it, it lets you know that the ultrasonics are not on.

Alarm will work if door is opened, but if window is smashed, unless the door is opened, then the alarm won't go off.

Useful if you want to leave your windows down a touch if its really hot while still keeping the car locked and reasonably secure.

^ does that work on mk2 phase 1 cars ? (a mk1 vee)

My alarm always goes off with the slightest vibration, it's the ultra-sonics that are over-sensitive.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

My alarm always goes off with the slightest vibration, it's the ultra-sonics that are over-sensitive.

I don't know Craig. It works on Cups...but doesn't (seem to) work on Curley's 182...as I tried it to show him how it worked. Sure someone on here will know about the PH1's. :)

Trophy #473
Switch the wires round on the sensors, this will reduce there sensitivity by about 25%

Da

Less
It could be because you've set the alarm too quickly after closing the door. If you allow a couple of seconds before arming then it shouldn't beep. Same goes for disarming otherwise the alarm will trigger.

Bumpage,

any one know if you can turn the sensors off ? I know for sure that my alarm will keep going off at FCS:eek: and i'm not leaving in un locked.

I had a quick look at the sensors last night, but they only have one black wire going to them.

200 Gordini
Its when you stop the car, turn ignition off and then back on again, then when you lock it, it lets you know that the ultrasonics are not on.

Alarm will work if door is opened, but if window is smashed, unless the door is opened, then the alarm won't go off.

Useful if you want to leave your windows down a touch if its really hot while still keeping the car locked and reasonably secure.

I don't know Craig. It works on Cups...but doesn't (seem to) work on Curley's 182...as I tried it to show him how it worked. Sure someone on here will know about the PH1's. :)

I was searching to see if i was doing it right, ive got it working now donny.

It beeps 3 times when i set the alarm with the ultrasonics off.

clio sport 172 ph2
Bumpage,

any one know if you can turn the sensors off ? I know for sure that my alarm will keep going off at FCS:eek: and i'm not leaving in un locked.

I had a quick look at the sensors last night, but they only have one black wire going to them.

ive just worked out how to do that, ive just read the manual :)

turn the starter key to ON and then OFF for 2 times (before 10 secs)
shut the door and press the button on the remote, u will get 3 beeps to say its been deactivated

thats in my 172 MK2

Nissan 350z
So hold on. Your saying:

With the door open:
- Turn the ignition on, then off. Repeat twice
- Shut the door
- Remove key from ignition and lock with button from inside

And this should give 3 beeps to disarm the sensors? Does this mean the car will still auto-lock if left but the alarm will no longer go off meaning i can leave the windows open!? Awesome!

Not quite.

Stop, open door, insert key, ignition on and off twice, close door and lock with the fob as usual. This dis-arms the sensors.

IIRC you can also just lock it with the key in the door and this locks the car, but won't set the alarm?

I do this everytime I wash the car as well btw, as mine sometimes goes off when washing it, poss due to vibrations.

clio sport 172 ph2
Not quite.

Stop, open door, insert key, ignition on and off twice, close door and lock with the fob as usual. This dis-arms the sensors.

IIRC you can also just lock it with the key in the door and this locks the car, but won't set the alarm?

becarefull when locking the car with just the key, i tried this out of interest and when i lock the car using the key in the drivers door, it ONLY locks that door, the other door and boot remain unlocked

ITB BG 182
becarefull when locking the car with just the key, i tried this out of interest and when i lock the car using the key in the drivers door, it ONLY locks that door, the other door and boot remain unlocked
Best thing to do is open the passenger side door and press the swith on the dash to lock all doors, close passenger door and lock with key - all is secure then.