ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 Beeps?

Clio 172
This morning when I clicked button on key to lock doors my car beeped 3 times - sounded like it came from under the bonnet.

I checked the doors and they had all locked clicked the button and they all unlocked ok (no beeps).

Clicked the button again and they locked as normal with no beeps.

Anyone got any ideas???:S

V70 d5 beast
it's the alarm on the car,
if you switch trun the ignition on and off again then lock the car it de-activates the ultra sonics of the alarm system,
so you can leave a window open for example and the alarm won't go off if someone moves about inside?

to re-activate them all you do is unlock the car and then lock it again, hope this helps

Clio 172
Thanks - that makes sense now - when i pulled up at work and turned off the engine the wipers were half way across screen so iturned ignition back on to let them finsih then back off again.

I really should get round to reading the manual someday :eek:

V70 d5 beast
lol yea i think it should be in the alarm manual, as i fitted my own alarm to my car and figured it out that way without reading the manual lol