ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 cylinders! Green is bad luck!

comin home from alton towers! had to come off motoerway cause m1 was closed. going down A5 past hinkley ( hi matt ! ). off a roundabout and POPPETY BANG!! car makes funny noises. pull off road to see whats going on!

A spark plug has fired out of the engine through the plastic covering and ripped all the thread out of the engine whist doing it! so its f**ked and im miles from home! (come from southampton). so out comes the AA. nothin they can do but take me home. but my cars so low they gotta get a flat bed to come from essex to get me!!

took 9m hours to get home from alton towers! we left at 6.30 and got home at 3.30 the next morning! how very poo!!!

now i gotta get it fixed! any suggestions? and how much it gonna cost me?

(for those who dont know. 16v clio it is)

not good mate sorry to hear it. as for cost could need a new head or they might get away with putting a helicoil in after tapping out the thread so hard to say really :(

ooooh this might be a stupid question too. but to change the head. do u need to get under the car at all? or can it be all done from it sat on the ground?

Trophy

Good job you got a spare engine eh?

Should have popped in or gave me a ring if you had that much time on your hands.

At least it wasnt on the way and you had a day of fun.

Mat.

was thinkin of givin ya ring actually mat - lol

so is it easy to change the head? how much am i lookin at? and do u need access under the car too?

heilcoil might be cheaper but depends if it can be done, hate to say it but itll probably end up needing the head swapped :(

Suzuki SV650

Exactly the same thing happened on my 1991 1.4 RT. Has been sorta fixed with a heli-coil, but I would think a new head is in order as the heli-coil will probably have to be redone whenever you take the plug back out.

sh*tter when it happens eh! And the car sounds like proper awful too! People just look at you funny.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Ben the only time I have had this happen is when I have over tightened a spark plug in the head and it stripped some of the thread out.

Like I said last night it will be cheaper just to swap the heads but lets hope your one on there now hasnt been gas flowed, if so then get it hellicoiled.

Ivan

vers le haut doigt milieu
The same thing happend to me on the way back from the Nurbergring. It didnt fire the plug out the engine or strip the thread but the HT lead is in many pices and the top of the plug is completly flat. Does anyone know what caused this?