ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 cylinders???

The problem is i think my mk1 clio is running on three cylinders rather than the 4. It sounds rough and like there is a cylinder missing, i also think that it could be the ignition lead, it smells like its running rich so i just dont think its firing. wheres the best place to get hold of replacement ignition leads. ive tried halfords they told me id have to ring up some number to match them up and some other bs. help anyone??
cheers.

CB600FS
To check the leads aren't arching out, get a long screwdriver and rest it over the lead touching it, then tap an earth (cylinder head/engine mount etc) with the screwdrivers end, it shouldn't do anything.

Mate try German & Swedish www.gsfcarparts.com

Clean/replace your plugs while your at it.

just put sum new plugs in not long ago, cheers mate, what engine type would a phase 3 be? its a D7F engine isnt it? but whats DIET?

Last edited:

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
the name of the engine is DIET the early one were energy engines then they brought out the D7F diet engine from P reg onwards could also be coil pack gone.

ive ad a look around the site for others coil pack problems, it sounds like that. allthough i havent a clue where to find it? or them? i dno what it is haha?:eek: anyone anypics? or advice? then i cant maybe change this or investigate further? thanks

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Coil pack. follow the leads back (other end to spark plug) there will be a big square thing 3 bolts hold it on from memery and one connector plug