ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 Mobile & n73, Comments?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Hey, my boss recently went with 3 Mobile, which i thought was a real bad idea because of their rep for poor signal etc. But it turns out he's had better reception than with O2.

So i'm considering getting a contract b4 i start uni - the one i'm looking at is £15 for 600txts, 75xnet mins.
For £100 i can get the Nokia n73, which supports skype, msn etc (provided i pay added fee of £5) althou i get msn messenger for free anyway as i'm a student.

Please could anyone comment on their experiences of 3 mobile (within the last 3 months)?
Also any comments on the n73, i understand it used to get bad reviews but a new firmware update has fixed everything.

Also i want to know what the conditions are on 3's free unlimited internet (is it still restricted to 3 content), any comments?

Cheers, James

Offer: http://threestore.three.co.uk/offerdetails.aspx?offercode=18OL67D042&tariffid=355

Phone:http://www.nokia.co.uk/link?cid=PLAIN_TEXT_119601

RenaultSport clio 172
Ive been on 3 for a few years now and never had a problem or signal drop, very reliable! The Nokia N73 i detest though! I havent had a firmware upgrade yet although im doing that in a few days, but the original software is nothing short of appalling! It literally takes two minutes to send a text meaning you cant do any other operation during the process, it freezes, turns itself off and goes into other menus when its not even instructed to.

3 = good
N73 = poor, although i would get reviews from people with uprated firmware!

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
N73 = poor, although i would get reviews from people with uprated firmware!

Yea, i noticed this when doing a good google on the thing, original reviews were 'poor' but people with updated firmware seem very happy with the kit.

Don't suppose you have tried using tomtom or alike gps kit with it? I'm interested in sorting it out as a gps solution for when i'm driving.

Also i forgot to mention in my original post, if anyone lives in sheffield and is on the 3 network, how good is your coverage, i'm going to sheffield hallam uni in september. (i expect it will be good - sheffield been a big place and all, but want confirmation)

Thanks, James

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
n73 is a good phone, epecialy with the latest firmware, i never had any probs with mine!

three on the other hand were rubbish for me around 2 years ago!