ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 mobile network

Focus ST-3
absolute s**te... I was with 3 mobile for 4 years due to a friend working for them and getting me 25% off my tariffs but I had nothing but problems with all my handsets, all fell to bits, would stop recieving calls and texts even when i had full signal, custmoer service was s**te, the list goes on. I actually ended up cancelling my contract 10 months early just to leave them, they explained that I would have to pay 10 months of £30 to cancel, so £300, which I agreed to if it meant i could leave there and then... I cancelled my Direct debit after the call and never did get charged the £300 so f**k them. They even offered me a 32gb Iphone 4 for free, with 900 mins, unlimited texts and internet for £20 when i wanted to leave, which i still turned down....

Last edited:
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
They're nothing special but then neither are O2, Orange, Voda, Tmobile etc etc etc.

At least 3 do some cracking deals. (One plan)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Neither, I was with 3 for 18 months then with orange for 5 years and as of last year vodafone.

3 was a bad network, they could of changed since but I had an 18 month contract and I never had signal, ever. I was paying for a phone I couldn't use basically.

Orange are far worse providers, I had billing problems, signal problems and the famous "call cut off" after they took the same bill out of my account 6 times and then refused to give the money back.

After all this I gave Vodafone a try and they have been spot on for over a year now.

Focus ST-3
they do cracking deals for a reason, they cant back it up with good service. When at uni pretty much everyone i knew was on 3 due to my friend working there and getting us all discount, but they have all left for the same reasons as me and vouch never to use them again. and needless to say my friend no longer works there as he said, and i quote, "there all a bunch of f**king plebs"

RIP Dan
I am assuming due to their name the only network they have is 3G.

If so the signal is inherently worse than 2G at penetrating buildings, so the service won't be great in built up areas.

This would put me right off.

I'll be going on 3 soon. Everyone who I have spoken to over the past year has said they have been brilliant. I have been with Vodafone for 2 and a half years now and past few months the signal has been awful.

Audi S1
We use them for our business accounts. Customer service isn't great, they cover more of the country for 3G coverage iirc. Rated no.1 for smartphones.

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Cheap - both their plus point and their biggest downfall.

I was with them fairly issue free for the duration of my contract, but when it came to leave - they wouldn't let me. I rang up at the appropriate time towards the end of my contract to let them know I didn't want to re-new it, and they wouldn't let me. Not only did it take forever on hold to actually get through to someone, but sometimes the line was so bad, or the person couldn't understand me, that I had to hang up and try again. When I said I wanted to leave they just kept saying 'i don't think you do, it's a great deal, you must want to take it'. Anyway, after much arguing, letters sent to 3 HQ and the appropriate governing bodies of mobile networks, I was eventually allowed to not renew my contract. I'd never go with them again - for me, the fact their cheap doesn't out-weigh the fact that I know I couldn't rely on them to be of any use if I ever needed them. I'd also always be worrying about what would happen at the end of my contract again!

I went back to O2 and they've been great in comparison - should tell you all you need to know right there...

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've previously been a customer of all the networks and for the past 5 months have been with Three. Perfectly happy and have no plans to jump ship. Vodafone reception, especially 3G, is shocking where I mainly use my phone in and around Glasgow. O2 are good but the tariffs are not great value. If I was not with Three then O2 would be my second choice.

none :(
3 seem to do the best deal for the 4s but all these negative reviews are putting me off, they seem to be the only place to have the white 4s in stock. orange and vodafone have it in black though, so should i just man up and get a black 4s, then i could have one for xmas.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Best thing to do is buy a Three PAYG sim and test out the network for yourself in the area you will be using the phone. This assumes you have a sim free phone already. For me the One Plan is the best value tariff available.

RIP Dan
Best thing to do is buy a Three PAYG sim and test out the network for yourself in the area you will be using the phone. This assumes you have a sim free phone already. For me the One Plan is the best value tariff available.

Thats would be sensible so I doubt many on here would do it.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Just get it on 3, if the service in the areas you use the phone are naff then take it back. Personally I've not had any problems where other networks haven't. One plan is the same £35 a month, but you get like 2000 minutes, 2000 texts and unlimited data. No catch as far as I can see (and I've been with them for 6 months)

Fiesta ST3
i was with tesco's (o2) for 12 month now gone onto 3 payg £15 300mins 3000text unlimited data upto now its all fine good signal and fast 3g

Clio 1.2 16V
I recently got my iPhone 4S with Three and they've been brilliant so far, cant fault the service. From my experience they're a lot better than Orange which is who my previous contract was with. They were awful! usually didn't get speeds above 1mbs(HTC Desire), whereas with Three I can easily get 4mbs! Only downside to Three might be the coverage, but as long as you don't live in the middle of nowhere it should be ok.

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Between contracts I was with them for a month, cancelled pretty quickly and moved to O2 purely down to three signal being crap. But I work in a lot of out of town places, if your mainly near cities I would think they are fine.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Three One Plan is awesome, I've been with O2 and Orange in the past, I honestly rate Three higher, and the value for money is insane!

Clio 197 F1
I've got my 4s on 3 and has been absolutely great. I get 3G covererage just about everywhere. Even out in the sticks in wales where my GF had no service on o2 I had one bar of 3G. So far I've clocked up 12.5gb through tethering. Luckily I have a mast near mine so get around 7meg.

Check the ofcom website as I believe they show you the locations of all the different mast in your area and also what network they are.

pimp mobile Zafira
I'm with 3 and have been for nearly 5 years. I don't have a problem with signal at all. The also use Orange antennas to help them along. I agree with everyone in regards to the customer service being crap though.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I don't phone Three if I have any problems, I find their Twitter account is much better @ThreeUKSupport

Golf GTi Mk2
I have an Xperia arc s on three, not to keen on the phone (touchscreen :( ) but the network has been brilliant for the two years I've been with them. Does anyone know if I can add BIS to my three contract if I buy a sim free blackberry? I know there will be a fee if I can.

Ph 1 172
had my iphone with them over a year now and i can not fault the coverage i recieve, that being said if im in a building with more than 5 floors i tend to suffer a slight drop in signal strength. im well happy with them though

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I'm thinking about trying Tesco or three when my Vodafone contract expires. I will be going for a sim only deal though I would of thought.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've never had a problem with 3 , been with em for years . One of the guys at work was on about Giffgaff . He just pays a tenner a month and gets 250 mins , unlimited texts and unlimited internet . I don't know the ins n outs but he seems happy with the deal . http://giffgaff.com/