ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 questions, for peace of mind

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
My Emissions light came on yesterday, so today i took the car to my dealer who resetted it.
The readout said something about the lambda sensor, which was normal i thought as i have a straight thru decat, however i have it on for about 2 months and this is the first time a light occured.

But anyways it got me thinking, and i was wondering, doesn't the car's ecu changes something air/fuel mix wise in a reaction to the emissions warning light.
I mean wont it run leaner so that the emissions are kept acceptable, or does the car just senses there is something wrong, and lets you know by the orange engine shaped light, but doesn't change a thing?

So while the emissons light was cleared, my mechanic noticed that the airbag module had made some sort of short cirquit on a given point in time, so non of my pretensioners nor airbags are working.
The car has it's original seats in, they have never been taken out or something, all the wires are connected.
How come the thing's fooked then?
Anyone ever had the same problem?

Any help would be much apreciated, so i can sleep tonight, instead of lying awake thinking about the clio's problems.

ibiza cupra
lol we learn to sleep dispite our clios problems. if we didnt then every single one of us would have insomnia. if its any consolation to you i spun mine out on an island, fooked my passenger side wheel, bent my rear axel, popped my passenger air bag and pulled 2 pretensioners, got a new seat, new pretensioners, new axel, fitted the axel and bled the brakes only for the engine managment light to come on as it was running rougher than a badgers arse after my mate decided to pour water over my engine to get rid of any brake fluid that may have been spilt(bless him not his fault and he was a great help) its running ok now after leaving it to run for an hour and a half every day for the past 3 days. and now thats sorted i still have to get my airbag module sorted, faults cleared off the ecu and now the tracking need doing as its decided to start pulling to the right. anyway sorry to hijack your thread but what im getting at is i feel your pain mate. any way on the airbag note did the guy at your dealer mension how much it would be to sort your module for you as i am looking to get this done too. and on your car when you turn the ignition on does the air bag light come on? if not then it sounds like its had a bump, poped the air bags and they have taken the light out of the dash to stop it coming on so i would check that bud.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
The airbag warning light doesn't come on, but that's because of the broken airbag module says my mechanic, anyways we'll see what it gives.
I've ordered a new module (+/-150£ + vat) which is going to be installed tomoro.

Cheers for the comment though, made me feel a bit better, seeing as you are in a far worse situation

The readout said something about the lambda sensor, which was normal i thought as i have a straight thru decat, however i have it on for about 2 months and this is the first time a light occured.

So while the emissons light was cleared, my mechanic noticed that the airbag module had made some sort of short cirquit on a given point in time, so non of my pretensioners nor airbags are working.
The car has it's original seats in, they have never been taken out or something, all the wires are connected.
The light can just come on at any time after a decat.

The second sensor doens't realy matter hence the easy fix is just to remove it it just light up to say cat failure.

If the airbags/tensioners won't go off then the airbags warning light should be on or someone has cut the wies.

if the airbags systems will still activate as it will after a short circuit etc ie not an activating then just clear the fault and its fine.

if the airbag has activated you need a new computer or the crash deleting from the airbsg system.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Well i have the car back in full working order Yaaaay:D

Yesterday we tried clearing the faults out of the airbag computer, but the faults would reapear immediately again.
We also searched for previous crashes, wich came out clear, so no crashes registred in the system.
The displayed faults came from all of the airbags, and the last thing on the list was and i quote, electric failiure in system.

So today we replaced the old airbag computer with a brand spankin' new one, configured it with the car, and everything was ok :D
So i drove it and we checked again to make sure the previously displayed faults didn't come back, and they didn't.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2

The light can just come on at any time after a decat.

The second sensor doens't realy matter hence the easy fix is just to remove it it just light up to say cat failure.

If the airbags/tensioners won't go off then the airbags warning light should be on or someone has cut the wies.

if the airbags systems will still activate as it will after a short circuit etc ie not an activating then just clear the fault and its fine.

if the airbag has activated you need a new computer or the crash deleting from the airbsg system.

Thanks a lot edde, great having the clio oracle back on CS