ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

!30 mph Valver :D

I just got the 16v up to !30 a lot quicker than I thought. Felt like it had a fair bit left in it as well, but the road was getting a bit twistier & a car doin 70mph was over-taking another car doin 69mph (Why do people do that?)

I thought it was pretty loud at !10 with the full KTR exhaust & straight through de-cat......but goin !20 through a big tunnel! FC:UKING HELL! 20seconds of that and I thought Id gone deaf!

Mine will do about 90 and then it dies a very slow death upto anything higher. But then its an unmodified 1.4 8v 91 rt. So it would thrap the pants off your 1.8 16v if yours was say...a 1.1 8v. But its not, so you would win easily...i am talking crap, sorry, i havent had much sleep lately.

Paul

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Lol @ DTWD I love the arguments that start my car would be faster then your car if your car wasnt so fast.

on my way hoem from the coast the other month i got to !30 felt like it had some more to give. but like u had to slow down cos someone pulled intot he outside lane doing 80ish. never mind needed to slwo down really.

Williams 2, STi N12

Had the Willy on the rev limiter in top several times, I swear theres more if only the limiter was higher. I think a chip is needed. Probably around 140ish i think.

Why does everyone put !30 instead of 130? I wouldnt exactly describe this forum as politically correct so why are you bothering?!

Clio 197

My poor Willy spends altogether too much time at the rev limiter in 5th. All very legally of course, on the Autobahn.

Funny how many modern diesels can cruise a bit faster than that. Even funnier is looking at the people in the big cars cruising along much faster. More than once Ive been overtaken by a pensioner pottering along on the limiter in their Merc at about 155 or so.

Better still is watching a Porsche race toward the horizon at a truly ridiculous speed!

And to think, many people believe that speed kills.

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 07 March 2003

Why does everyone put !30 instead of 130? I wouldnt exactly describe this forum as politically correct so why are you bothering?!
its just the ! is in the wrong place - no one here would dream of driving at 130 mph. Thats against the law and theyd be stupid to admit it outright on a public forum, never know whos reading...;)

Quote: Originally posted by philglover on 07 March 2003

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 07 March 2003

its just the ! is in the wrong place - no one here would dream of driving at 130 mph. Thats against the law and theyd be stupid to admit it outright on a public forum, never know whos reading...;)
Spot on mate.

Anyway, I know the valver can go faster, it just suprised me actually how quick it got to !30, on a fairly short straight road.

Did a low 7s 0-60 but didnt manage to get a 0-!00 time.