ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

306 gti-6

Toureg vW Transporte
thought id put a few pictures up of the car that ive had since the clio.just before i get rid of it. Been very pleased with it,been totally reliable.only mods are bilstein springs and struts and grooved disks. enjoy
Picture026.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture029.jpg

dafydd

Toureg vW Transporte
need somewhere around 3k for it but i'll see.had it for a couple of years,and gfriend uses it ever day.been good just time for something a little newer.never know maybe another clio cheers daf

ITB BG 182
Dayfd - can you pm me some more details on it please as a mate of mine is very intrestd in this at the mo.

182BG
Looks mint,
i had a moonstone blue one, i miss it
my mate has an Astor grey, which is an amazing colour, spend ages trying to put his induction kit on, forgot how fiddly it is on those 6's

Toureg vW Transporte
Yeah maybe the next move is to a 182. fancy another clio and you get a lot for your money.thanks for all the comments peeps

172beast

White GTI-6 is the way forward :p

normal_RSCmeet2006002%20%28Small%29.jpg

Cracking cars tho, had mine over year and half now, had very little problems, lot less then my 172, its much more involving to drive and extremly entertaining on twisty roads and roundabouts. No plans on flogging mine, love it to bits.

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
I had 3 306s, 2 of which were dturbo's. I've been in a few 6's, they're great cars.

White looks great, not many of them about in that colour i dont think. The 6's seem to wear Blaze yellow (goldy looking) well too i think, although its a lot more common.

Toureg vW Transporte
yeah ur right about the blaze,didnt want one of them either.im on the gti-6 forum but dont find it as good as here?guess ur on there 172beast? good vid mate.only selling as come into a bit of mollah and want something a bit newer.
timmo im good mate,hows the cup going?u still at special metals?im back at coll doing a brickwork course...dont think ill ever leave hct.we'll have to meat up some time mate.

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
Another good forum is pug306.net.

Really friendly bunch, i've been a regular on there for over a year now although its not specifically for gti-6's.

Toureg vW Transporte
tried to get on that last nite matt,but wouldnt let me go onto the forum,not sure if theres problems with the site.find this site more friendly then gti-6 site.thats why im still on here from 2002.

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
There have been a lot of problems on there recently with new members :(

Shame really as its a great place once your on there!!! lol

172beast

I'm zedx19 on GTI-6 forum, I find it very friendly, decent bunch, very very good FAQ section and everyones always willing to help out, much much better then here.

Pug306net place, find it a bit boring!

172 Ph2
This was my old beast!
BLACK1.jpg

Good car but I found the handling very 'nose heavy' and prefered my 106 Rallye and my Clios. You can'tgo wrong for the price they are now though!

172beast

Nose heavy? There very tail happy if thats what you mean, mine especially as I've fitted a thicker rear ARB but I love it, zero understeer.

172 Ph2
Tail light, nose heavy! Thay's just the impression I got. There was no understeer but I just got the impression that there was a big lump sitting a bit too far forward! I even got Skipp Brown to sort the suspension and I still didn't like it! The 106 Rallyes I've had were great!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nose heavy? There very tail happy if thats what you mean, mine especially as I've fitted a thicker rear ARB but I love it, zero understeer.

Nice :approve:

I had a 1.9TD 306 GLX, "played" with by Van Aaken.

Standard suspension so a squidgy soft setup, but it handled superbly and gripped like it had no right to. Huge fun around wet roundabouts.

The GTI-6 must be fantastic...I'd love to take one on track.

172beast

Lol you must be the only one that thought that Mark, there well known as being one of the best handling FWD around, if you don't like oversteer tho there not the car for you, 172s like to understeer on the limit, mine did anyway, all safe but not much fun.

Toureg vW Transporte
i find the gti-6 bad on the back end with the old pirellies p6000 (sp) on the back,proper ditch finders

172beast

Aye the factory spec P6000 are shocking tyres, last forever tho, I soon got rid of em.

don't
another gti-6 owner here, also on the gti-6 site

been a great car, owned for 18 months with no issues, apart from hitting a pheasant, looking at selling soon though as I have 9k to spend on something

6forthesite2.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

6interior.jpg