ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

30amp engine bay fuse keeps blowing

Cro

Meg'd r27
Anyone any idea what this fuse controls? It keeps blowing everytime I start the car and try and drive off, seems to have some electrical current going through it when the keys arent even in the car, it sparks when a new fuse is put in and then blows on drive off.

Any ideas??:(

Cro

Meg'd r27
bmh to the rescue again, it's the smaller one so ecu then. Why would it keep blowing, and can't be too good if the ecu is shorting somewhere

BMW M135i
Pass, usual checking for shorts really. Doesn't supply the actual ecu, its powering the fuel pump, injectors, coil pack, etc so check everything really.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Cheers Mike i'll give that a jeff too. Whenever I go to replace the fuse after one blowing it sparks a bit and one of the black and brown box things, which i presume are relays, click.
Is that normal? Any idea what these relays are for, if they are connected and could it be possible they might be faulty and causing this?

BMW M135i
They're the injector lock and fuel pump relay, they're what turns the power on to everything engine management related when you turn the key.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Sounds like something might be constantly getting power if its doing that when theres no key in and the fuse is causing a bit of sparking?

172 Ph1
Try checking the relays first ,might be stuck on, make sure they are not causing the short circuit had a few of them at work

Clio 172
Check the oxygen sensor wiring has not come loose and shorted out on the exhaust manifold, had couple like this in work.
Over ten years later and this suggestion has just saved me a lot of head scratching and chasing wires! Unfortunately for me the wires were melted on the wiring loom side on the connector so I couldn’t just replace the sensor.
CD72CD00-F19E-4D92-ABA7-713ABC15CB73.jpeg