ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

350z.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
HAHA. yes wrong section, could this be moved to Pistonheads/ebay bit please :)

Well ive been and looked today Kiel, and put a dirty offer in. OH if you want to shift the 182 let me know ;)

Trader Rating - 100%
31   0   0
  SQ5
Lulz! It never lasts long once you've had a 1*2, you'll always know they are the best car/money ratio!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Nissan 350Z
Lulz! It never lasts long once you've had a 1*2, you'll always know they are the best car/money ratio!

I bet my 350Z costs less to run this year than my 172 did in the 3 months I had, and subsequently got sick of fixing before I traded it in. And that's even factoring in the 25 or less MPG.

Even if it was reliable, don't kid yourself about best car for the money either.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How did it compare to the Clio overall? I have looked at these, seem rediculously cheap for the amount of car you get?

Trader Rating - 100%
31   0   0
  SQ5
I bet my 350Z costs less to run this year than my 172 did in the 3 months I had, and subsequently got sick of fixing before I traded it in. And that's even factoring in the 25 or less MPG.

Even if it was reliable, don't kid yourself about best car for the money either.

I hope your joking?

Considering a 172 can be had for £1000, I doubt you had £5/6k worth of stuff needing doing and also losing 10/15 mpg!

If you did you must of bought a right dog of one! I've never had any problems with ones I've had for a runaround and I've had 8/9 in total!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Nissan 350Z
How did it compare to the Clio overall? I have looked at these, seem rediculously cheap for the amount of car you get?

Different type of car, but a hell of a lot better in every way TBH. It goes and corners faster, looks better, is RWD, mine is convertible, and it makes a nice noise. Even more toys too.

I hope your joking?

Considering a 172 can be had for £1000, I doubt you had £5/6k worth of stuff needing doing and also losing 10/15 mpg!

If you did you must of bought a right dog of one! I've never had any problems with ones I've had for a runaround and I've had 8/9 in total!

Not joking. Yes the one I bought was not the best but even the 182 I had before it, luckily, was under warranty, suffered none stop niggles.

Obviously quite lucky not to have had problems, as they are badly made cars, FACT. Both of mine felt like they were going to fall apart compared to the cars I had after (a 10 year old DC2 feels more solid than a 1 year old 182, for example).

The one I had before just seemed to have one problem after another.

Fun when they work, but not much fun any other time.

Oh and I don't lose 15 MPG. I only got 30 out of the Clio if for no other reason that it was just boring unless you were thrashing the tits off it. I get 25 out of the Z on the same journey. Yes on a run you might get 40 out of the Clio, its possible to get over 30 out of the Z on a run.

I'm not saying a Z is cheaper to run overall, but its clearly better made, and will likely be more reliable. Swings and roundabouts, as it costs more to tax and put petrol but it feels like a more special car so you don't begrudge it so much.

Trader Rating - 100%
31   0   0
  SQ5
Not joking. Yes the one I bought was not the best but even the 182 I had before it, luckily, was under warranty, suffered none stop niggles.

Obviously quite lucky not to have had problems, as they are badly made cars, FACT. Both of mine felt like they were going to fall apart compared to the cars I had after (a 10 year old DC2 feels more solid than a 1 year old 182, for example).

The one I had before just seemed to have one problem after another.

Fun when they work, but not much fun any other time.

Oh and I don't lose 15 MPG. I only got 30 out of the Clio if for no other reason that it was just boring unless you were thrashing the tits off it. I get 25 out of the Z on the same journey. Yes on a run you might get 40 out of the Clio, its possible to get over 30 out of the Z on a run.

I'm not saying a Z is cheaper to run overall, but its clearly better made, and will likely be more reliable. Swings and roundabouts, as it costs more to tax and put petrol but it feels like a more special car so you don't begrudge it so much.

You're comparing a £5/6k car to a £1/2k car and of which was clearly an uncared for one.

They're not badly made at all. My Missus Ph2 doesn't feel or look dated and its 11 years old, no rattles or buys falling off. She gets 40mpg driving to a from work and driving to properties during work so short and long journeys.

You did say the Z was cheaper to run than your Clio though ;)

I still stand they are best car/money ratio. Tax, fuel and servicing are all cheaper. As are parts, even genuine Renault prices aren't silly amounts for most bits!

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0

As a car its much better made, it drives brilliantly and the power is pretty much always there. It handles superbly and generally awesome. It sounds utterly brilliant also, you would never get bored of the noise.
Not really easy to compare it against a 1*2 due to how different it is.

If I hadnt of had my offer accepted on a house i would keep it, but i really cant justify having a car sat there looking pretty that i hardly drive. When the money can be much better spent on things towards this house.

If anyone see's this and fancys it i would look into px against a decent clio if its cheap and has coilovers :)

This car also falls into the cheaper tax brand, its something like £250 for a year compared to £450 of alot of newer cars which are in the same range.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Nissan 350Z
This car also falls into the cheaper tax brand, its something like £250 for a year compared to £450 of alot of newer cars which are in the same range.

Lucky you. I bought an 06 so I get raped for £475. Pre-06 is £270.

Everything else you say is right. Brilliant soundtrack, good handling and ride quality, tons of grip, quite the hooligan, but comfy enough to demolish countries on the motorway. Love the torque, 5th gear from 25 mph onwards just pulls like a train.