ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360 occasional audio drop-out?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Chaps,

Is this a common or unheard of issue? The 360 I received yesterday is the new 250GB Slim one, with a Kinect. I've got the Kinect switched off in settings (I only switch it on when needs be) - so the sound issue isn't directly linked to the Kinect itself.

Every now and then, the audio drops for about a second - maybe a bit longer, then continues fine. The graphics continue fine, the gameplay doesn't 'stumble' like its struggling with a background process or anything, but it is getting a bit annoying!

Had a blat around the 'Ring in an Evo earlier on FM4 and approx half-way around, it dropped the audio again. It's plugged straight into the plasma TV via HDMI and my hacked 360 never had an issue on the same cable, connected to the same TV.

It doesn't do it in all the games either. Just a bit stumped on this one?

Cheers,
D.

Evo 5 RS
weird, I'd just start off first by changing the HDMI cable. Either that or your disc is a bit mashed or the optical drive could do with some air duster maybe

Or it's fcked lol. By hacked do you mean the optical firmware hack? If so you don't deserve any help x. Pirate copies can't cope with the access rate, try copying it to the hdd if so

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Weird one.

I take it you're using the HDMI for audio too, rather than the optical?

Yep - pure HDMI from point to point.

weird, I'd just start off first by changing the HDMI cable. Either that or your disc is a bit mashed or the optical drive could do with some air duster maybe

Or it's fcked lol. By hacked do you mean the optical firmware hack? If so you don't deserve any help x. Pirate copies can't cope with the access rate, try copying it to the hdd if so

That's the thing. My old 360 that had the optical firmware hack played flawlessly on the same cable and the same TV. I buy a legit console and a legit version of FM4 - and this happens.

It's like Starforce all over again - lol!

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Tried different ports and cables now - still the same issue. I'll try it on a different TV with HDMI, but tbh, I don't hold out much luck. I think it might be a Microsoft fix, this....

D.