ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36k Service

Renaultsport Clio 197
Anyone know any decent garages in the North East where I can get my 36K service?

Just had a price from a couple Main Stealers - £276.17 :eek:

Thats for a 1.6i with air con!

Cheers in advance for any help :cool:

RB 200 Cup!
cambelt changes - god cant wait for mine. off with the bumper, headlight etc etc stupid bloody renos

Renaultsport Clio 197
Nah, that doesn't include cam belt, like bmh.01 says thats not 'til 73K, looking forward to that one :S

My lass got her 1.2 serviced for £150 ish last year so i was expecting it to be just a bit more than that, so i was a little surprised, haha.

Bloke at the dealers even said "i can do it this week if you like, i have a few spaces" to which i replied "i'm not surprised", don't think he seen the funny side tho!

BMW M135i
cambelt changes - god cant wait for mine. off with the bumper, headlight etc etc stupid bloody renos

Don't get me started with this one, i'm already quivering after the 1.6. Seriously considering taking it to gdi or similar tbh.

306 GTI-6
I have heard recommendations that the cambelt be changed after 36months on a 1.6, especially if used for small journeys or stop/start (eg town) driving.

Don't get me started with this one, i'm already quivering after the 1.6. Seriously considering taking it to gdi or similar tbh.
If you've done the 1.6 the 172 not much different.
I have heard recommendations that the cambelt be changed after 36months on a 1.6, especially if used for small journeys or stop/start (eg town) driving.

Its not bad practice the 72k/5 year rules were to lax IMO.

BMW M135i
If you've done the 1.6 the 172 not much different.

I hope not, its just there looks to be even less room with all the sound insulation down the lefthand side of the bay and i've got no idea how to get it out? (or if you even can?)

Clio 200 Raider
i got quoted £450 for a 36k service at Renault Leicester on my 172 cup with aux belt changed they said the belt cost them £16 but the labour is a lot due it being over 2 hours then also the service itself

still way to much though!
Im on 36k at the mo and my car is nearly 5 years old, would you recommend getting the cambelt done at the same time as the aux belt even though it will cost a packet?

RB 197 + Cup Pack
I'm getting my 172 Cup serviced at Sunwin Renault in Bradford this weekend - 36 k Service £320 and you also get 10% discount if you book online.