ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4-1 manofold for 182

182 clio renaultsport
was wondering the difference between 421 which it is already and if you got 4to1 and if there was any difference in performance

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
I would not say that, that 10 HP difference just not because of the manifold. Cat cell size and map are also different. Also 4-1 is better for top-end power.

LY 182
well yeah obviously there are pros and cons of the two it depends entirely what you are after but the general consensus is the 182 has more pros than cons torque/power curve wise

TBH, i've seen the majority of 4-1's on 172's make more torque for the same modifications as 182's, i wouldnt get too hung up on which manifold makes more power and which is more applicable to generate torque vs power.

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
TBH, i've seen the majority of 4-1's on 172's make more torque for the same modifications as 182's, i wouldnt get too hung up on which manifold makes more power and which is more applicable to generate torque vs power.

Hi Ben,

What do you think about a bigger diameter 4-1 manifold?

pointless.

When you look at the ex port size for the majority of the late 172/182's then you'll see that going bigger isnt the straight foreward solution.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
so which is 'better' Ben? ive got a 172 but i have a 182 manifold ready to fit.....pointless?

/carl

Lionel Richie
not pointless as renault swapped to the 182 one for a reason, but for the effort required to fit Vs the gains i wouldn't bother

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
not pointless as renault swapped to the 182 one for a reason, but for the effort required to fit Vs the gains i wouldn't bother

well ill be getting a custom exhaust made+remap so would i see much more from a 182 manifold?

LY 182
yeah have a word with paul he will advise you
either way you have to decide before its mapped obviously or you'll be waisting money

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
either way you have to decide before its mapped obviously or you'll be waisting money

yeah exactly and before exhaust is made. i have two choices really....

1. Get a stealth yozzasport/GDI exhaust and keep my 172 manifold with remap
2. Get custom exhaust made by AAS exhausts with a 182 manifold and a custom remape

choices :S

/carl

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
My cars in for an AAS exhaust this week. Got myself a 182 manifold now, so I'll be giving them a ring tomorrow to see if they're able to fit it when doing the exhaust, as well as fabricating a decat link pipe.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
My cars in for an AAS exhaust this week. Got myself a 182 manifold now, so I'll be giving them a ring tomorrow to see if they're able to fit it when doing the exhaust, as well as fabricating a decat link pipe.

nice one, could you pm me the price as thats exactly what ill be looking at doing.

/carl

LY 182

nice one, could you pm me the price as thats exactly what ill be looking at doing.

/carl
fit the manifold yourself mate, especially considering you are ok doing it yourself you dont want to be paying someone else labour for sodding about fitting that

ValverInBits
I will be fitting my manifold thursday/friday/saturday depending on the weather

Not that confident as never dropped a subframe before, but then there is a first time for everything

yeah exactly and before exhaust is made. i have two choices really....

1. Get a stealth yozzasport/GDI exhaust and keep my 172 manifold with remap
2. Get custom exhaust made by AAS exhausts with a 182 manifold and a custom remape

choices :S

/carl

You do know you dont need a custom exhaust with a 182 manifold conversion

All the difference is, is a link pipe so you can stick with a standard aftermarket 172 exhaust even without hacking depending on the size of the link piece.

While where on the subject.

Does anyone know if the GDi, K-tec or Yozza exhaust have a adjustable front piece ?? (telescopic slider for adjusting length of the centre section)