ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

41mpg

Its no secret the price of fuel is at an all time high... so I've been trying my best to drive my car differently after watching TopGear on sunday. On sunday I reset my MPG-ometer, and set about short shifting at no more than 4k whenever I'm driving.

I've done 70 miles since then, all around town and DC driving... and today my MPG-ometer is showing 41mpg, my usual average is 31mpg. Now the interesting thing is, I've enjoyed driving the car sensibly, and I get to my destination at exactly the same time...

Group buy on blocks of wood to put under the throttle pedal anyone? ;)

mk3 golf gti
best i ever got was 47mpg, coming back from cornwall, 390 miles out of a tank with an indicated 80 miles left!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
my 1.2 gets 38 thrashing. im lucky to get 55 if im being careful lol

servicing is in order

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
When I bought my Wifes 182 we drove back in convoy about 100 miles.

As it was a new car & she drives like a girl we both saw an identical 41 mpg on that run back. (182 & Trophy)

Since owning the cars for a while I average 31ish with most of my driving for fun or around town.

She averages 39 mpg with hers on B Roads on Long Runs.

Definatly a very economical car when driven sensibly. My Wife has a Fabia VRS before which got 50 mpg. So with the difference between petrol & diesel, fuel cost are similar (if it did not keep increasing).

PH1 172 Sport
Ive started limiting myself to 80 on motorways/dual carridgeways etc and not accelerating hard on them either im now averaging around 38mpg over a tank with some hard B-road driving.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
After beasting my Cup all day Sunday, it got brimmed with Shell's finest, and gave me 45.8mpg for the 150 odd miles home.

That's why it's got DCi side-badges fitted LOL

Mazda MX5 1.8
i was following lorries on the way home from fcs and was getting over 50mpg easily

mainly cos i was running out of fuel! :D
got bored in the end and just bought a little bit from a service station so i could get home quicker...... still managed about 47mpg going about 80 odd

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
I get arround 45mpg out of my 182 thats doing 70mph on the way to work and back....

45mpgqa0.jpg

db

db detailing™
im getting an average of between 45-50, just 15 mins to work and back all week.

Hyundai i40
i get 40 mpg and thats on ma commute, which is back roads quiet alot of way. was cruising at 90 up the motorway at the weekend, still 40

ST
Lowest 19 highest is around 28 around town...usually around the 24-26 mark tho..

'want mpg? buy a diesel'

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
DSCF0252.jpg
200 mile trip out the other week! which i was well chuffed about! was still enjoying the car but not thrashing it every were:eek: LOL

mostly i get 26/28 short journey ftl :(

106 GTi
I made it to a few a FCS, unlike someone ;)

Never did short Journeys in it.

Long trip to Rentech for it's service lol!

330Ci M Sport
i get 42mpg thrashing my 1.2 and almost 60 if i drive like old granny

can't be thrashing it that much!

on one CS midnight wales run from a few years ago i was the only 1.2, and the only one who had to fill up again in wales...we all started with a full tank, only i had to thrash the balls off it to keep up and was averaging less than all the sports...

172 Cup
in my 182 i drive fairly normally not flooring it all the time and i get about 35mpg! Fairly happy with that!

Meg 250/E36 Touring
I tried this in the 197 on monday.

Drove into kent (82 mile journey) and saw a surprising 37.6

Fuel light bingo is a great game!

it was coz the prius was pushin it hard as it could go, meaning the throttle would have been fully opening and using loads of fuel. the m3 was cruisin round using hardly any throttle so wasent using as much fuel

W

Willy

Surely that TopGear feature was bent? An M3 more economical than a Toyota Prius????

Well, thats not exactly what he was trying to get across. Its not all about the car, its the way you drive it. The M3 was going around the track i assume at pretty low rev's to keep up with the prius.

Focus RS Mk1
i average about 37-38 with a combined journey, 10 mins in towns and 15 mins on dual carridge way.

not to bad really. i still havent managed to go an entire tank of fuel without giving it the beans at least once!