ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

42" sub £500 - what should I get?

IMO out of the two shown, I'd go for the Samsung.

Samsung has better picture, but worse sound (you can always get an Amp / surround sound kit), where as the LG has better sound, and worse picture (plus doens't have 100hz)

I've just ordered a 32" 1080P Samsung LCD from Dixons (coming tomorrow) for the bedroom which is replacing a Samsung 20" LCD. Also have a 50" Samsung Plasma in the lounge (which replaced a 42" LG Plasma).

Samsung gets the thumbs up from me (Except for sound, but an Amp will sort this).

Although, that Samsung doens't have 1080p, are you planning on using a BR player / Console on it?

1080p is something I'd consider, defo for a screen that size.

Chelsea tractor
Remember John Lewis will price match anything, which means that it is always cheaper (as the 5 year guarantee is included for free) ;)

I'd go with the Samsung too imo, but 1080p would be good if it' not that much more

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member

I'm with Justin....Never been very impressed by Samsungs and if he's only wanting to spend £500 on a 42" Screen I doubt he will then want to spend more money on buying an Amp and Speakers

Citroen DS3 DSport
Most opinions I read say that the LG's have better panels than the current Samsung models.

Mini Cooper S
It's for my bedroom, I've currently got a 26" which is big enough for my room and I'm moving into my bro's room which is bigger. I really don't need a 42", I'm just buying one for the sake of it really. Like I said, I've got the same TV in our computer room (no complaints about the quality, but yeah the sounds isn't great) but was just wondering if anyone could find something better?

Looks like a good set, Panasonics normally are.

Only available instore so might be worth checking if your local one stocks it first. Also normally means it's a discontinued set.

Mini Cooper S
Looking on the TV forums, John Lewis have price matched the TV @ £499 whilst still offering the 5 year guarantee. They have it on for £100 more.