ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4S or 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  DCI 80
Is it only me who thinks the 4S is still the better option? So much extra money for changes that aren't really excessive..

Most of the changes (Siri updates, new maps app, fb integration, facetime over 3G etc) are within iOS6 and that's coming to the 4S anyway.

So yeah, is it just me?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
If I had a 3GS, which I have, I would definitely pay the extra and buy the 5, which I will.

If I had a 4S, well, that's another debate.

But I don't.

DCI 80
The only thing that I thought was 'revolutionary' is that the new dock connector is reversible so you don't have to fiddle around figuring out which way it has to go in. All phone manufacturers should have connectors like this!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
The only thing that I thought was 'revolutionary' is that the new dock connector is reversible so you don't have to fiddle around figuring out which way it has to go in. All phone manufacturers should have connectors like this!

+1. I spend atleast a hour every night trying to work out which way the lead goes in. :S

I won't be buying one as i cant be arsed with the hassle. i will either upgrade when its due or i will wait for the next one.

Misses wants one tho, not paying £529 for it.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
In the case of most people who will have a 5, it will be status symbol over function!

Audi S1
There are more reasons for people to upgrade to the 5 from the 4S than what there were for people upgrading from the 4 to the 4S.

Ballers upgrade every 12 months

DCI 80
I have an Android at the moment and would like to move to iOS and once the 5 is officially released, i assume the 4S will drop in price? Seems more appropriate in my situation.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
3G/3GS > 5 no brainer.
4 > 5 certainly.
4S > 5 bit more thought required unless upgrade time.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I have an Android at the moment and would like to move to iOS and once the 5 is officially released, i assume the 4S will drop in price? Seems more appropriate in my situation.

But it will only drop another £50 or so cheaper than the 5 I'd have thought. Someone may correct me, but the iPhones hold their value quite well and it won't be a massive drop.

DCI 80
But it will only drop another £50 or so cheaper than the 5 I'd have thought. Someone may correct me, but the iPhones hold their value quite well and it won't be a massive drop.

Fair point. Also does anyone know what Apple's finance plans have been like with the 4/4S? I'd want to go Sim Free if I was to get a 5 but would like to finance it :/

Audi S1

According to the Apple site. 4S model will be available for £450, 16GB. So yeah £50 drop. Unless you go second hand then you're looking at sub £300.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
According to the Apple site. 4S model will be available for £450, 16GB. So yeah £50 drop. Unless you go second hand then you're looking at sub £300.

Well, there you go: Second hand is the cheaper option definitely. But do you want a used 4S?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a 4S and will stick with it, if I had anything less then I'd buy the 5 because some key ios6 features won't work on 4 and 3GS models. There's no point in buying an old model now imo, if you are buying now, buy the best.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I'm tempted to get rid of my 4 and get a 5 but I'd like to see what iOS 6 is like on my current handset first.

Status
Not open for further replies.