ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 clios on track at donni park today anyone on here?

clio 172 cup
as above phase 1 in silver with orange wheels and mirrors, mondial blue phase 2 with orange wheels, phase 1 in liquid yellow, a trophy in orange?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I spotte a baked bean in the pits turinnis tints and smoked plates looked tidy :approve: cliosport sticker in rear window

you's missed a good day, weather was mint and track was great.

Just need to tweek my car a little and hone my skills a bit more

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Sad news on the 2 mint Saffy cosssies running into each other on the parade lap :dapprove:

the cost for me for last sunday at donno was.

£185 track
£80 diesel for towing
£80 V power for clio
£70 Hotel for saturday night
£10 passenger wristband for my wife
£30 food and drink throughout the day
£ ? Tyres, brakes etc

£455 not including the consumables on the car etc.

I isn't a cheap hobby and I can only realistically do one trackday every 4-6 weeks. It is great fun though!!

I tend to break down my costs in easy chunks though.

This week I'll fill one of my Jerry cans with Vpower, same next week and week after.
I'll book my tracktime approx 10 days prior to the event so it gives me a chance to know 100% if I can afford it and also gives me a shot at the weather too.

If you break it down into little chunks you don't seem to notice the costs.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah those costs look perfectly reasonable to me.

Cheaper if you dont have to tow it about of course, but then you need road tyres and insurance etc too

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Sad news on the 2 mint Saffy cosssies running into each other on the parade lap :dapprove:

Real sad news Karl with the white car must be gutted, its just had a lot of work done to it and must of been one of the best Saffs on the road.
Sounds like the guy in the silver car was showing off and never seen the cars infront brake, and going buy the damage must of got the 1 and 5 mixed up as the top speed for the parade. 15-- 51

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
From what I heard at my local RSOC meet on monday, the front saph pulled off quite quickly and then stood on the brakes really hard, the one following did the same and didnt notice how quick the one in front was going and stuffed him up the arse.

The one in the front seemed to take most of the damage they reckoned?

TBH from how it was described to me, neither of them were just sensibly parading around like you are meant to on a parade lap. But thats 2nd hand info and I have no idea if its accurate or not.

Hard lesson to learn :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Found a picture of the front car that bore the brunt of it:

afterq.jpg

Doors dont open and shut properly now. total write off

shame as to begin with it was one of the best ones in the uk by all accounts

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You do surprise me ;)

How old are these fella's in the Cossies?

Apparently the one in the silver one who was most at fault is about 50 from what was being said, lol

Amazingly though, I just read on the ford forum that his insurance will be paying out!
Im gobsmacked at that.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd also say unfair on the rest of us who's premiums will go up, lol

Although I gather it was insured through the RSOC and it was an RSOC event etc.