ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

500rpm Idle...Clean Throttle Body?!

Flame Red 172!
Right,

My MKII 172 idles at about 500rpm and has done since I bought it...then the other day I started it in the morning from cold and it was fine (revs were high until it warmed up, etc...as it always has done) - Didn't drive it all day and got in it to go home after work...started and the revs died immediately then stalled, started again and the revs shot up then dies down to 'normal' at about 500rpm after it gets warm.

I've done a search and read lots of posts about cleaning the throttle body as this may be the cause...really just want to know, where this is and how to do it, is it easy? (Please bear in mind that i'm less than a novice at this sort of s**t!)

Anyone?!

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Hi
I had my throttle body off and its a bit of a pain to be honest, my 172 kept over idling at about 1500-2000, ended up cleaning body, new air solenoid etc. It turned out to be lambda oxygen sensor in exhaust. The air solenoid or whatever its called is supposed to open and close electronically so I am told so yours maybe sticking.

Sy

Flame Red 172!
Nice one mate, sound tres complicated...do you think that if I randomly smacked the engine around with a large hammer it would sort it out?! ;)

Anyone want to buy an immaculate condition MKII flame red 172...48k?! :quiet: