ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

57mph on motorway

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Sounds about right to me, mine would never do that though tbh

Corsa Van. Meh.
You basing that on the trip?

I haven't worked mine out properly but my trip says I always average over 40 with mixed driving over my whole tank.

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
I got 45mpg out of our 182 the other month doin 65mph on the motorway, so it seems a little low

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
All depends on how it was BEFORE you started doing that! If it was high 20's, low 30's before you decided to do that, then the AVERAGE for the journey (from when the clock was reset) would not be accurate. If you'd reset it at the the beginning of THAT trip, or as you put the car into Cruise Control, the figure would be more likely to be higher.

I managed 45MPG going from Manchester to NEC @ Birmingham doing 50mph all the way after resetting the trip computer before the 90 odd mile trip.

b/g 182, meg tourer
also if you got up to speed then reset the trip, it would read out a lot higher. best to just go on the average mpg over a whole tank of fuel, not one journey. mine averages around 40mpg over a whole tank of fuel, mixed driving and speeds.

FF Racing Blue 182
i see some people are saying after a whole tank of fuel surely that added weight of a full tank will use more fuel

Clio 182 arctic
when i went from preston to leeds to buy a steering wheel from a member off here i reset the trip before i set off and averaged 48.1mpg there and back. didnt really go over 60 though.

RB 182
I got 41mpg sitting a steady 70-80mph, albeit over a 200 mile journey opposed to a 40 mile journey, but it still seems low to me.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
If ya stuck to 70 in my 182 around the northeast (it's quite hilly) and reset before the trip I'd get about 48mpg with abit of driving anticipation. Cruise control isn't the best for getting best mpg.
Buuuut how borings that. Get ya toe down. Lol

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Always get around 35mpg wherever I go. Not arsed whether it is good or not tbh. I use my van for fuel consumption not the Clio.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Highest average i've had over a tank was 37

Norma is about 32-33mpg

BTW i work this out properly everytime i fill the tank.

S4 Avant
Lol at people using cruise control for fuel economy. It opens and closes the throttle depending on speed, to keep you at a constant, not saving fuel.

For fuel economy you want to be using your foot, and no more than 10mm of travel on the accelerator pedal. You'll go slow up the hills, and speed up down hills, but retain good mpg figures.

....and medici please do not send me any PMs about fuel economy.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at people using cruise control for fuel economy. It opens and closes the throttle depending on speed, to keep you at a constant, not saving fuel.

For fuel economy you want to be using your foot, and no more than 10mm of travel on the accelerator pedal. You'll go slow up the hills, and speed up down hills, but retain good mpg figures.

....and medici please do not send me any PMs about fuel economy.

I use CC, my foot is too tempted to fall to the floor :eek:

At around 70 ;) the other day I used CC and got around 41mpg, general driving I get about 35 so its not bad at all.

A red missile
I wouldn't drive any slower to get better MPG.
If you want economy buy a diesel.

This TBH, I never get more than 27/28mpg, I tried driving like a homo for a whole day once and managed 35.9, but you'd think I'd od'd on roids by the time I got home, was almost biting lumps out of the steering wheel.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
This TBH, I never get more than 27/28mpg, I tried driving like a homo for a whole day once and managed 35.9, but you'd think I'd od'd on roids by the time I got home, was almost biting lumps out of the steering wheel.

You must rape it everywhere lol, never seen the dark side of 30 on the road. Lowest I got it on track was 17ish I think.

But yer, i agree, i didn't buy it to be cheap on fuel, just handy to know it is when i have to do a boring motorway journey :)

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Dave88 is spot on.... Cruise control is no good for an 'eco run'.

Watch the old top gear when Clarkie ran the V8 diesel Audi A8 from London to Edinburgh and back - what he says is true

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
For people that say 'You want economy get a diesel', if I'm not in a hurry I do 70 on the motorway (seems to be the most eco speed for my car) to save fuel, so I can have more fun when I get on to some better driving roads.

My old 182 NEVER saw over 30mpg around town. I went on a long trip a few times with surfboards on the roof and the car full of camping gear, sticking to every speed limit. Averaged 36, which is the most I ever saw out of it.

I'm rocking round town at 50mpg now, with over 60mpg combined :D

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
My average is 38mpg over the past 4k/2 months. Thats using cruise on the mway at just under 4k revs in 5th for 85 miles a day. Then 'enthusiastic' driving at the weekends.

I dont want any pms either.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
When i brought the PH1 from wales it did 44.3 over 300 odd miles.

M3 was heroic yesterday doing 31.9mpg over 200 miles at 'out side lane motorway speeds'

i reset mine once on a trip to leeds. i got 34.6 at 64mph in the meg... but that was due to me not going on boost all the way. the second i picked up speed it halved.

worst ive had is 6.8 :)

my average is 21.3