ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6 1/2" mid bass speakers

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
Hi everyone,

im looking at buying some really good mid bass speakers and im just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction? Iv herd audiobahn are very good?

cheers

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Yeah audiobahn are ok, go for rainbow if you got cash to burn imo....
But £100 spent on spl = £150-200 on anything else.

Big brands are good, but you pay stupid prices for the names.

cheers, chris.

Sandy you do know 6.5s wont fit in as standard? Also audiobahn is ok but for the price there is alot better.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
SPL 6.5's for about £70 on Car Audio Direct, Im running a set in my clio with 160wrms up their arse and they sound lovely.

Avoid Audibahn like the plagueq

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
SPL = Sound pressure level, so SPL speakers will mean you have the loudest sound system on the block, but from your last post it looks like you want good quality too, so I reckon look for something good quality from a decent SQ brand. Tried Focal?

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
ye im not into playin realy loud music, i just want a good mid bass speaker that has very good quality vocal and bass.

1.2 Clio
When you say attached to it... do you mean co axials... if so what civic do you have? As co axials can blur sound staging, as i wouldnt be too specific about brand, until you have perfected the layout of where the speakers are going. Best tog et a good set of components and place the tweeters in dash firing up, or on a pillars firing 'on axis' Towards your head basically.

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
i have a type r ep3. they only come with 6.5 mid bass speakers in the front and rear of the car and a just want to upgrade them to somthing realy good and clear as i am going to ditch the sub. ye i think they are called coaxials lol.

1.2 Clio
Hmmm. From recollection they are in the middle fo the door, yeh?
If so getting a pair of these and amping them would be ok, but as above, mounting the tweeter on A-pillars would be much better! For a rich and livly sound stage.
Obviously co-ax's are the easiest. But can sound strange with the soundstage so low. But those alpines are the best pair of co-axs ive heard yet.....

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
no i dont think so mate, i pretty sure the speakers are at the end of the door and obv in the back there isnt a door lol. as the car has not got any standard tweeters i cant realy b ass*d getting them so i think im bes with maybe mid bass coaxiald in the front and just mid bass in the back.

1.4 clio & ctr ep3
Cool, they look pretty good mate. Are they about the best im going to get for that price then?

1.2 Clio
Yes, if they are amped. Definatly come with my recommendation. A mate of mine has a fiesta, he didnt want anything to look different to standard, so i got these and they sound mint!

vaux cavalier
80% installation, 20% kit....

A correctly installed & amplified set of £70 components will sound much nicer than a £500 set simply screwed in place & driven via a Head Unit....

I would suggest you try to demo a few different brands at your local car audio dealer as each brand has a certain sound, what suits me may not entirely suit you....