ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6-speed box

The Jinx

I know the cup racers have them, bu can they be bought? They use a 6spd box in the 1.9dcis, so could this be used in a 172/cup, or are the ratios all wrong.

Would it work with my little 1.5dci lump?

I think a chipped 1.9dci clio conversion with the same 6spd box would be quite cool.

If a little expensive and pointless.

Lionel Richie

why do you need 6 gears??????

The cup racers use a Sadev 6speed sequential box - this has different ratios to the std 172 box and all you do to change gear is yank a big stick!!!! (no clutch needed i believe!)

Cup race cars hit 100mph in 10sec (if i remember right)

The ony problem is it costs £7000!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 26 August 2003

why do you need 6 gears??????
Because you get a better spread of ratios and can maximise the engines power band...

Having just come from a car with 6 gears its odd only having 5 again!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

£7,000 for a 6-speed box?

My Cup requests a 6th gear flat out... I want a sixth gear!

Any other options?!

Isnt there some random car which box goes on to a Clio? With 6 gears? I think I read somewhere there is.. I could, however, be talking crap.

The Jinx

I was talking about the 6spd box from the 1.9dci meganes and lagunas. It shoulld fit, but I wondered whether the ratios would need to be changed.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Agreed Mike8579 - would be good if it did. Cant be that much difference? Any body got the renault details on the ratios and that?

The gearbox from the Laguna wont fit, its too big. I dont know the gearbox from the megane, but i suppose its the same from the Laguna...