ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6 x 9's 95 clio

Nreg 1.2RL & Mreg 1.8 RSi
Hi,

I Want to put 6x9's in my car but i dont want a dirty great pacel shelf, I want to put them in the pocket space next to the rear seats, in the side pannel, and then hide them up as best aspossible.

Has anyone tried this before, can it be done?
Any advice?

Cheers

Chocolate Bar™
tbh i've never seen the point in 6x9's why not just get a good set of componants and a sub in the back? 6x9s tend to 'muddy' the sound (best word i could think of to describe it lol)

1997 Mk1 Megane 2.0 16v
6 x 9's only muddy the sound if you have them powered by an amp, just sp[lice into the head unit, so more high end goes thru them, then add a set of components up frint, and a sub in the rear, sound technicians advice, i work with about 5 of them! lol

1.6 focus zetec....
^^and if you dont run them with an amp they distort so dont bother getting them...

Kiza

Polo + Micra
dan.taylor.1 said:
6 x 9's only muddy the sound if you have them powered by an amp, just sp[lice into the head unit, so more high end goes thru them, then add a set of components up frint, and a sub in the rear, sound technicians advice, i work with about 5 of them! lol

don't under stand what you are getting at here???

cos it sounds like you will load the hu channel with two(2) ohms which is never a good idea

Renault Clio II 16v
6x9's sound fine so long as you dont give them too much bass, just make sure your crossovers are set up right and that you are feeding them the correct frequencies and everything will sound awesome.. 6x9's really come into their own with the boot open at shows/cruises but they probably wont suit the audiophile who wants the best sound purely for the driver.

Just remember Jimmy that you'll need good air behind your 6x9 to get the best result, as most 6x9's are generally made to be installed in your parcel shelf with lots of boot space behind them.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Nike Lunar Elite's
Zwitta said:
6x9's sound fine so long as you dont give them too much bass, just make sure your crossovers are set up right and that you are feeding them the correct frequencies and everything will sound awesome.. 6x9's really come into their own with the boot open at shows/cruises but they probably wont suit the audiophile who wants the best sound purely for the driver.

Just remember Jimmy that you'll need good air behind your 6x9 to get the best result, as most 6x9's are generally made to be installed in your parcel shelf with lots of boot space behind them.

Hope this helps.

Mike

6x9s are suppossed to be designed to perform high frequencies, mid bass and bass, but in the end, they fail at all of them. If you have to have rear speakers go for some 2ways or coaxials but I really wouldn't bother unless you are setting up a system to play movies in your car.

Front components, sub, and amps to power them is perfect!

You don't listen to music from behind you.

Renault Clio II 16v
But the bass is always lacking on 6x9's its not real bass, that what Subs are for :) So I choose not to go too low with the crossover, but any set of 6x9's I have owned have always out-performed components when I've got the boot open at a cruise-meet or a show, for the parcel shelf I cant complain at all with 6x9's.

Chocolate Bar™
you cant have heard a good set of components then ;) 6x9's are good for a 'cheap' system, but even for that i really dont see the point. I think hydeyho explained why adequetly. For the money you pay get some good front components and a sub or maybe 2 depending on how flash your feeling, no need for anything more :)

i do agree however, they do look good specially for shows!