ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

600cc + injectors

Just one problem i hit when running bigger injectors. You need to check the spray pattern, as i fitted 330cc injectors and ran 2.6 bar, but running 2.9 bar with 304cc injectors actually provided better results.

(600/5) x 4 = enough fuel to attain 480bhp..

Depending on what your building, i doubt youll need something that big..

Renault Clio 16v
my project thread is in projects section henry.

i dont know if they'll max or not yet, havent run it. But im going to be using a 1.8 fuelling map on a 2.0 :( so its not good from the off untill i get it mapped properly and if the injectors max on mapping then i'd like to have some higher rated ones to swap as its a reletivley small job to do

ITB'd MK1
my project thread is in projects section henry.

i dont know if they'll max or not yet, havent run it. But im going to be using a 1.8 fuelling map on a 2.0 :( so its not good from the off untill i get it mapped properly and if the injectors max on mapping then i'd like to have some higher rated ones to swap as its a reletivley small job to do

what's your realistic power expectation?

Renault Clio 16v
Think you might be best waiting until its mapped.As there i no point fitting big injectors for the hell of it.

As if you lower fuel pressure to much the fuel will just dribble out

make much sense! i shall leave it untill needed

ITB'd MK1
tell me the spec of the turbo. Guessing it's a 2.0 engine running low compression (something around 9:1 ?) If your 250 ATF aim is right I'd think some cossie 370cc or some 440cc if you can find them to have a bit of headroom. 600s are too big.

What you have to remember when calculating BSFC for a turbo engine is that you tend to go richer than 12.9:1 which is the normal for an NA engine, so the calculation - (injector flow rate/5) x number of cylinders - can give you guidance, but you need to think about an aim of 80% max injector duty cycle and also that you will have a richer fueling aim on full boost

ITB'd MK1
lol, OK that doesn't really give me a lot to go on but I'll asume T28 from the pictures, so you're going to be topping out at 300 if you really wind the boost up, 440s will be perfect

ITB'd MK1
lol, OK seen similar do OK and also seen them s**t themselves HARD. Normally ok if oil pressure is healthy. if those numbers are accurate (probably not really TBH) then it's quite a capable turbo and you shouldn't need to run a lot of boost. Bit of a suck it and see job really but atleast it was cheap lol

Why dont you just run and MF2 fuelling controller with a map sensor, so that when it comes up on boost, a couple of extra injectors positioned in the boost pipes will enrichen the mixture, easily setup with a wideband lambda..

Take your fuel pressure into account also when choosing injectors.

ITB'd MK1
Why dont you just run and MF2 fuelling controller with a map sensor, so that when it comes up on boost, a couple of extra injectors positioned in the boost pipes will enrichen the mixture, easily setup with a wideband lambda..

Take your fuel pressure into account also when choosing injectors.

extra injectors is just nasty, that's a very outdated practice