ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6k Limiter Issue, Graphs Inside.

Yeah ive got RSTuner, thats how I logged the data for the graphs.

Ive just spotted there is the standard ECU calibration on the fastchip site for my engine code (CB0M)...So may be worth a try.

I dont want to 'map' it, as I want to keep it on the standard map until its running perfectly normally rev limit wise, as something has to be wrong to be causing it...

Edit: Airbag related? There are no airbags in the car, and the airbag system has its own computer anyway doesnt it, in front of the gearstick?

I dont want to 'map' it, as I want to keep it on the standard map until its running perfectly normally rev limit wise,

Ive just spotted there is the standard ECU calibration on the fastchip site for my engine code (CB0M)...So may be worth a try.
^ Definitely.

As suggested I would reinstall the OEM base software on the ecu or even update it to a newer version if possible, then rewrite the standard map (Get both from Henk) that way you can rule out the ECU files as the problem and go from there.

Another simple suggestion but have checked the fault codes on the diagnostics?

As suggested I would reinstall the OEM base software on the ecu or even update it to a newer version if possible, then rewrite the standard map (Get both from Henk) that way you can rule out the ECU files as the problem and go from there.

Another simple suggestion but have checked the fault codes on the diagnostics?

Yep mate its 100% clear.

The only thing I would want to know before I try putting a different software version on is how the Immobiliser system works on the ECU. As I dont want to cancel out the 'de-immobilised' part of the ECU, that was unlocked for £150.....that would be a waste of money..

I dont want to cancel out the 'de-immobilised' part of the ECU, that was unlocked for £150.....that would be a waste of money..

Ah, you would probably loose that if you flashed the ECU, so maybe just stick with the OEM map rewrite & see if that helps.

Beyond that I would speak with Henk as it does sound ECU related due to the fact it pulls happy as larry up to the limiter.

Have seen something like this once, with a stripped out mk1. Airbag related if I recall correctly.
The rev limiter was at 6500 rpm ignition cut. Instead of the usual >7200 rpm Fuel cut.

I dont even get to 6500rpm :(

Could you possibly shed some light on if I flash the ECU with the latest software will I loose my 'unlocked' part of it, where I had the immobiliser removed?

Well ive just emailed the place that unlocked my ECU (ECU Clinic), to ask him what process he uses to remove the immobiliser (Software or Hardware)...if its hardware its probably safe to re-flash the unit's software, if not....well il go from there when I get an answer back

I dont even get to 6500rpm :(

Could you possibly shed some light on if I flash the ECU with the latest software will I loose my 'unlocked' part of it, where I had the immobiliser removed?

Aahhh, it seems the problem lies into the 'immobilised software' you are using.
I can test the software here for you, if you want, on a Live ECU.
At least we will know for sure if its caused by the software.

Polo GTi
Im no mechanic but I have seen something similar before, GazTwo's Williams 2 wouldnt rev out to the limiter, this was fixed by replacing the dials on the car, once replaced, car revved to the limiter fine, coudl you not try another set of dials?

Aahhh, it seems the problem lies into the 'immobilised software' you are using.
I can test the software here for you, if you want, on a Live ECU.
At least we will know for sure if its caused by the software.

How can I send this software to you? Backup the ECU or...?

Im no mechanic but I have seen something similar before, GazTwo's Williams 2 wouldnt rev out to the limiter, this was fixed by replacing the dials on the car, once replaced, car revved to the limiter fine, coudl you not try another set of dials?

Dials are the valver items, and are just running off an output from the ECU, they have no interaction

Polo GTi
Dials are the valver items, and are just running off an output from the ECU, they have no interaction

Fair enough thats what I said when he was having the problem, but thats what happened same problem as you, new dials fixed it believe it or not. Im not fussed whether it works or not, but its a simple item to try, you never know it might work and you havent lost anything, it fixed his problem, PM him ask him yourself

'92 172, Lotus Elise
Have seen something like this once, with a stripped out mk1. Airbag related if I recall correctly.
The rev limiter was at 6500 rpm ignition cut. Instead of the usual >7200 rpm Fuel cut.

that's exactly what mine seems to be doing!

(and 6k cold)

(mk1 with 172 engine btw)

Well, the mystery is solved.
He is running standard software for a K7J 700 Engine. Hence the 6k limiter.
The correct A300_35FF calibration can be found on my site.
Use RSTuner to upload it the .cal into your ECU.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
Well, the mystery is solved.
He is running standard software for a K7J 700 Engine. Hence the 6k limiter.
The correct A300_35FF calibration can be found on my site.
Use RSTuner to upload it the .cal into your ECU.

wtf lol!

i need to get mine tested then too! :D

I just flashed it with the A300_35FF (grp n) using 'Write CAL', and the limiter is still at 6k, cant really feel if its much different...

Picture4.png

As you can see the top one it flashed successfully, but I dont know what im looking for...

Is it the .rst standard software I need to flash, using 'Write ECU'?

I just flashed it with the A300_35FF (grp n) using 'Write CAL', and the limiter is still at 6k, cant really feel if its much different...

That is because you programmed the same software version back

How do you mean, I got the grp_n file off the site and flashed it with that? What do I need to program onto it?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Easiest way would be have henk either send you the most up to date ones to use or point you in the direction. Essentially you write the ecu first and then write the cal when that is done. I'm not sure which one raises the limiter but do both and then you'll know.

All I need to know is:

What .rst/.cal/file(s) do I need to write (ECU and/or CAL) to get the ECU back to 100% Standard 172 Ph1 (CB0M)....

If anyone can tell me I might be getting somewhere lol :)

Ok nevermind, I just realised what Henk was saying, me being stupid wrote the backup I had made of the ECU, back onto the ECU, so nothing had changed....doh.

Anyway, I just flashed the 'Group N .rst' file onto the ECU, 'A300 35FF', as said earlier, and now the car wont start.

The programming was successfull, no problems. The unit then disconnects itself from the vehicle, so I turn ignition off etc. Then I thought, il re-connect to check the programming history list, to see if its showing....

Reconnected to the vehicle, and the 'programming history' list is now empty (not sure if its meant to or not), although the 'Current' on the left is showing correct (A300 35FF)....

Anyway, go to start the car (fuel pump primes on ignition fine), it just turns over and dosent start up! Uh oh.

As said, fuel pump primes but I get nothing fireing up...I thought, oh, il restore my original ECU .rst (backup)....But now the software is saying 'Could not gain security access' blah blah again. So im stuck at the moment.

I also tried flashing the OEM file from the site, A300_3504.rst....But I get the 'Could not gain security....etc' again...

Quick screenshot of it 'connected', after the first time the flash was successful...(Why is there no programming history?)

Picture7.png

Then...Going to flash the OEM (A300_3504.rst)...

Picture5.png

And....

Picture6.png

Hmmmmmmm :( im not at home either, stuck now lol.

meh, saving my callouts FTW lol.....

...Pump is priming on ignition, but I dont think its running when cranking (cant tell for certain though), sure thing is, it dosent want to run...

Henk, if you see this....for some reason the VCI number in 'about' has changed from what it was earlier too :S

TVR Cerbera
Yep mate its 100% clear.

The only thing I would want to know before I try putting a different software version on is how the Immobiliser system works on the ECU. As I dont want to cancel out the 'de-immobilised' part of the ECU, that was unlocked for £150.....that would be a waste of money..

Have you just wasted £150?

No, as I dont think it was 'de-immobilised' software wise.

Even if it was, I can just reflash the software that was on it (1.4 thing) when the RSTuner decides to work again...

PLUS...it must still be 'de-immobilised', as the fuel pump primes on ignition...

stone cold not been run for 2-3 hours....plus, I flashed it with the GroupN one just before those screenshots, so thats not the problem. Its just after I flashed it, it wouldnt start, then come to try and put it back with the backup, and it wont let me....fail!