ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6x9s

im not bothering fitting a sub as yet, just wast a bit of a sound/bass increase for now. thinking of 6x9s - no amps yet.

1) will 6x9s on a rear shelf sound better than components fitted in the rear / or upgraded coaxials?

2) if i install 6x9s on a rear stealth shelf, will i need to loose the sound to the original rear speakers?

3) how easy would it be to fit stealth shelf / 6x9s?

cheers in advance - i am a novice!

tbh mate if you are gonna fit a sub dont bother wityh 6x9s, you will only end up selling them.

However if you are just looking for a small upgrade then 6x9s will give you some nice tight bass and some increased volume. My stereo sounded really nice with the 6x9s and front speakers.

However you will prob end up like me and eventually upgrade, then you end up selling your 6x9s.

also 6x9s are really easy to fit, just cut some holes and extend the wire from your rear speakers.

You could always fit the 6x9s in the rear quarters if you ever do upgrade to a sub. I would say that 6x9s will give you more bass than a set of components as there is more cone area but it depends on which set you go for. If you are interested we have a sale on a pair of award winning Ground Zero Hydrogen 693 6x9s which are great for bass, will handle 125watts RMS and have a seperate inline filter for the treble to keep them sounding sweet. We did have 2 sets but im using 1 pair in my home setup.

If you fit 6x9s on the rear shelf you would be best advised to disconnect the standard speakers as they will be drowned out anyway.

Fitting a stealth shelf is easy enough. The ones we supply come with all the fixings that you need. I think we have the cheapest price at £59 too.

Russ

Sorry, I find 6x9s ugly, save the money for the next stage. Just get some good componets and some small rear coaxials, this should create some sufficient bass untill you get a sub. Then you will have a very stylish and an unobtrusive setup without destroying your parcel shelf.