ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

888 wear marker depth

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Hi lads. Quick one, when 888 reach wear marker. What depth is it at? Still fine for a few miles on a track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.6mm mate. The legal limit in the UK is 1.6 so as long as 3/4 of the tread has more than 1.6mm they are legal.

Perfectly fine for track and I've used 888s until you can see canvas.

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Oh and the seller on ebay for slicks is paultwin82

Thanks mate. 1.6mm enough for a single track session you think? They won’t be driven on a road.
Also thanks for his name. Any chance you can send a link to 1 of his listings? For the life of me can not find him.

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Anyone has a conversion chart for slicks? Interested what 18/58/15 Michelin’s equate to road tyres

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Also you think it’s fine to run different brand slicks? Matching pairs of course. Fancy trying Michelin’s if I am honest. Stick them on front. Keep PXRS1 on rear.

Also you think it’s fine to run different brand slicks? Matching pairs of course. Fancy trying Michelin’s if I am honest. Stick them on front. Keep PXRS1 on rear.

Should be fine mate, but just don't get a hard compound slick for the front as you'll struggle with getting them up to temp, especially in the coming colder months. Medium/hard should be OK but I'd go for a medium on your light weight Clio.