ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

90k Service

MK2 172 FF
My cars just gone 91k, i know a service isnt due until 96k but like to do them every 6k. Is there anything major i need to be doing apart from the normal oil and filter changes?
ive looked through the guides for a guide but cant find one

53 Clio's & counting
It depends on what its had over the last few services mate.

Engine wise, you can change:

Oil filter
Oil (obviously lol)
Air filter
Spark plugs - plenham off job, not hard but fiddly if you not done it before - dont do the plenham bolts up tight!
Fuel filter - this originally wasnt required for about 150k, but my new Renualt service book (I ran out of stamp places in my old one) suggests its changed earlier, so its worth changing.

But remember, the rest of the car needs checking for example:

Brakes - for wear
Suspension - for leaks and general wear and tear. damage etc
Exhaust - check for blowing, broken rubgers etc
Coolant sysytem - check for leaks, damage etc

Thats a general idea mate.

MK2 172 FF
did the plugs a few weeks back, put new suspension when i got it in May 2010, brakes are spot on, and exhuast is also spot on. looks like just an oil and filter change left to do then. thinking of getting a panel replacment filter aswell. Possibly a K&N one.