ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A bit confused about tyres!

Weeman sucks ****

Ive been searching for info on the Goodyear Eagle F1s. The Contis on my cup are not far off being changed, this time all 4 which is a b**ch.

Ive seen theres lots of talk about GS-D2s and D3s. My tyre guy says D2s arent available in the 195/45/R16 size but Ive noticed people in here have them??

Ive also noticed that the D2s are no longer available, whats the score? What are best? I know the D2s look better (not that is a reason to buy) with the more slick pattern.

Any comments very welcome.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

To answer your original question D3s are a development of D2.

so d3s are better

Anyone know why Renault switched to Michelin from Continental? Have the lesser models got Michelins now too?

-Rob

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 05 March 2004

Anyone know why Renault switched to Michelin from Continental?
Because the Contis are sh!te?!

Ad

MK2 FRS

Some of the lesser models have always had michelins. Its weird seems a bit random as to whether you get michelins or contis.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

i looked at my tires and i have 185s i think (on standard 15" dynamique wheels), woulld i be wise to keep the same tires size when i replace them or change the size? also whats the best tire for racing in dry and not really in wet, thanks everyone!

Well..i think theyre excellent. I dont see how extensive reviews they come 1st or 2nd (to the F1s) but at Cliosport.net theyre sh:t. Ive done 10k in mine with plenty of tread left and theyre great in the dry or rain.

As ive said before, you have to be careful with a high powered FWD, sometimes its peoples right feet which are the problem..!

-Rob

Chris - i too have a filthy cup!! I have just rebooted all my tyres with Gooyear eagle F1 GSd2 s i have put on 205 tyre as it fits fine on the std Cup rim so now i have 182 size boots on.. Still bedding them in just over 200 miles before i let rip on em... I have to say they are rather good! Just hope they last better than the 10k i got from the Contis, The rear Contis were still fine but i thought i would do the lot with them being slightly wider.. Good in the wet to! My local tyre man got me them for £80 sheets a corner plus VAT.

My car was 1 year old yesterday & what a lovely pressent it got my neighbour reversed into the front left corner as i was parked outside my house.. got nice go faster stripes on the bumper now.. Getting her to pay for it though she was fine about it, £50 plus vat for one of those places to make them scratches vanish! i thought it would be more than that! Oh how i miss my parents double garage...boo hoo

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 05 March 2004

Anyone know why Renault switched to Michelin from Continental? Have the lesser models got Michelins now too?

-Rob

Its probably more because Reanault got a deal on Michelins.