ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A bit of fun at the weekend.

Clio 172, M3 E46
View attachment 111011
Well here we go again, having bought a cup last year with the intention of turning it into a track toy I have bought this little jem to try again.
Being a bit of a trader on the side the cup was too good to molest having only been a 1 owner car from new so struggling to turn down a profit it was sold on.
View attachment 111010
This is the daily for the better half and at the weekend I occasionally get to give it a bit of a hiding, 350bhp as standard and the roof down to keep her and the rug rat happy it really is the best of both worlds, but a B road racer and track day fun car it is not, so remembering how much fun my first clio was the search for another was on.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Having done some adding up the last time I purchased one of these I decided the best/cheapest way to get myself on a track would be to get one already done ie brakes/suspension sorted inside ripped out, cage already fitted etc etc, having failed in my first attempt on ebay and having no patients what so ever I came across this one, A trader in High Wycombe had this up for £999 with no tax or mot it looked pretty good so I though the cheap starter/base was a pretty good alternative to a track ready specimen, £900 later I was driving it home.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Sailed through its mot and put some rent in the window and here it is,now being a bit sensible about things I have been reading through the threads on here and first things first the belts and dephaser need doing with the service book saying it was last done at 59k in 2009 and now on 96k a shopping list has been priced by Wolverhampton Renault (thanks again) so that's first,Also again after taking advice from on here the brakes will be up rated another shopping list provided by g172 (again thanks again), so not to much to report in the way of mods but they are on the way!!!!!!!!
image.jpg
Had to change the steering wheel as the original was worn and really let the inside down,wish I had looked on here first though as I just ordered the omp wheel and boss, and now my dash looks like Blackpool illuminations as the boss does not mate up to the rotary sensor :mad:anyway have sourced a momo boss for £35 so that will hopefully sort that.
image.jpg

Love the pressed plate look so had to put a set of these on.
image.jpg
+50 bhp
image.jpg
I leave the house first in the morning so can take either should take the push bike really but it's proving difficult!!!!!!!!
Got up this morning with the intention of ordering all the Cambelt stuff, but made the mistake of going on ebay with the morning brew, £240 later have Koni adjustables with sport line springs coming....... Don't tell the missus :quiet:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 40
  Clio 172, M3 E46
imagejpg4_zpsfe817541.jpg

Car has come on a bit, grills and badges had a coat of satin black to freshen it up a bit,also fitted Koni adjustables with Eibach sportlines, then a little 700 mile round trip to DTM CARS (nice fella) saw some new rims added, old ones are for sale on here, so much for doing this cheap lol.

Clio 172, M3 E46
imagejpg1_zps7e51fe2b.jpg

Found a few more bits trawling the web, was watching a cage on ebay when this popped up for £70 a coat of paint and a mornings work later and in it goes, standard £15 front splitter, and an evening making the house smell of paint saw the bullets freshened up.
imagejpg2_zps4f663f4f.jpg

Then purchased what looks like a K-tec stealth (is identical to look at but not marked)??? Was a bit scabby looking but a coat of heat resistant black and the fact you can't see it has cured that, and £63 delivered from" team think" (ebay) from a clio race car he broke, it's worth the punt.
The main reason for the exhaust was to rid the car of the loud ill fitting max-power effort the previous owner had fitted by someone clearly training to become a welder ( more practice required).
So now have a nice quiet exhaust that actually fits, and the car seems better for it.
A replacement bumper minus the cut out and the look I am after is starting to take shape.
imagejpg3_zps22f424e8.jpg

K-tec rear mat ordered to tidy up the rear and fire extinguisher just incase it bursts into flames, off to ren-tech portsmouth in the morn for belts pulley etc etc , then can finally get a look at getting it on my first track venture.

Clio 172, M3 E46
If you're serious about handling / ride i , personally, would go to 16" or 15" rims.
They are 16" rims with 195 45 tyres, photos taken with ipad so maybe look bigger lol, am running Koni with sportlines, feels nice and tight but not had chance to really test it as it was booked in for belts so I was scared to drive it, due back today so fun times ahead :clap: