ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A/C fan not running on some settings

'09 Clio GT (petrol)
Hey
I noticed something peculiar when I went to use the fan for the A/C today. Putting the fan speed on 1, 3 and 4 all work fine, but when I put it on 2, the fan stops like I've put it on 0.
It doesn't matter if I have it hot or cold, top vents, bottom vents or both, A/C on or off, the fan won't work on 2.
It's a minor inconvenience , but still an inconvenience. What could be the problem?

It's a 2009 facelift Clio GT petrol if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

Monaco 172
Thanks for the reply. How easy and cheap is it to replace the heater resistor?

Not usually a huge job, but saying that I'm not sure how difficult it is to change on your car mate. Wont be long until someone who's done the job will see this thread and reply :up:

Clio Sport 182
just happened to my mk2 ph2 182, mine was heater resistor and was really easy to replace, old one out and new one in in less than 15 mins was held in my 2 6mm bolts. I was able to fault test mine by short circuiting pins 1+5. was easy to tell as they was the only two thick wires which I guessed was power and earth. I'm guessing yours wont be too much different it was just plug and play. I'm sure if you have a quick search online for heater resistor module it shouldn't be too hard to fine one and should see where it is and how to replace. Renault seem to be famous for this happening! good luck!