ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a couple of problems with my clio

clio 1.6 16v
hi all, i have a couple of problems with my clio, its a 03 plate 1.2

first of all the airbag and service light have come on, also the engine light is on, its come up with code p0130 , ive tried to knock the engine light out with a reader but it wont turn off, it wont clear the fault , there is also a bad smell of eggs and a ticking coming from the drivers side light, it went through an mot in may so surely the cat isnt shot ??, the car itself runs fine, no misfiring etc, its only done 51k also

any advice would be great, :D

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Egg smell will be CAT related IMO, the Airbag light will probably be the connection under the seat.

clio 1.6 16v
would the cat be causing the ticking at the front ?? ive read somewhere that its something to do with the emissions , i cant understand why the eml light wont go out at all,

Ph2 Flamer
As above an egg smell sounds like a collapsed Cat. If the Cat is gone then I would imagine that's why the emissions light is staying on as unreacted gasses/emissions will be coming through the cat.

Not sure about the ticking but sounds like a garage job to me unless you have a spare cat you can swap in to test...

clio 1.6 16v
is there any way to tell if the cat has gone, maybe do another emm test ??, thing is it only went through the mot in may

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You can take it off and physically inspect its internals and run the vehicle with it off to see if it cures it... other than that though i'm afraid you're out of luck. Does sound like a fekked CAT with the eggy smell. Possibly the cause of you MIL being on to.

Bring it in and i'll gladly take a look for you.

Mick